Saturday, May 25, 2013

Quickly Stopping In to Update....

Hello from Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Warren and I are here enjoying the Gaither Homecoming Family Fest with 
thousands of other people.
Really...It is PACKED!

We postponed our trip by a day so that I could see the 
cardiologist to discuss my abnormal test results.
Turns out I have 2 of three indicators that would send me 
for a heart cath next.
However, 
this doctor is great and not invasive test happy so 
we talked at length and went back to some results 
I had three years ago that led to a heart cath,
which was basically fine.

He has agreed to hold off unless I have more symptoms.
I believe I can not have the symptoms if I build 
up my cardiac health slowly rather than 
my propensity to jump in with both feet when I do something.

So...If you see me walking slowly on flat surfaces over the next 
weeks or months I'm just following doctor's orders.

But we are here!
The weather is cooperating very nicely.
The natives are freezing because it went down to 40 degrees
last night but we are loving it.
Not hot.
Not muggy!  
Praise the Lord!!

We enjoyed lunch at The Old Mill Restaurant yesterday.
It is a very delightful place.



The food is so plentiful that I brought half of my meal 
back with me.
And...we have enough left on our gift card to eat there
again on this trip.
Thanks Mom!

I forgot to bring my camera....
Obviously I was not myself when we left.
Too worried about that doctor's appointment.
This blogger almost never forgets her camera.
Sigh....
A trip, in the mountains, with all of this beauty and I have 
to ask Warren to take pics with his phone.....
double sigh.

Oh well.
I'll live.

Hugs....
See you soon.
We are off for day two with awesome music 
and thousands of Saints of God.






6 comments:

Annesphamily said...

I am happy you have a doctor you trust! Our hearts are precious commodity. Take care of yours! Enjoy that trip and I would love to be there with you! Have great fun and enjoy this weekend!

Theresa said...

Oh I love Gatlinburg! LOOKS like you are having a wonderful time! Take care of your heart sweet friend! HUGS!

Vee said...

Hope that you have your tissues because some of that singing really gets to me! Now THIS is just the sort of thing that I would so love to do. I adore the Gaither Music Specials and am blessed to have many of the dvds because my mom did, too. Oh do have fun. I'm glad that your doctor is the conservative type. Your advice...slow and easy is good for us all. Those are cell phone pics? Wow. They're very good!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Glad you're having a fun time!

Those are good photos from Warren's phone...that restaurant seems like a neat place.

Deanna

Unknown said...

So lucky you to see them in person, love them. Glad you shared about the heart ^ that things can be remedied in time ... please take care sweet friend, you had me worried truly.

Great pics ... enjoy travels

Big loving hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Elena said...

Sounds like a fabulous time. Take care of yourself :)