Monday, May 6, 2013

Craving Satisfied

When I made up the May menu I put sugar cookies 
on tonight's dinner because....well...
I love them.


It was time to have some sugar cookies!

I figured they would offset the somewhat saltiness 
of the Stir fry and I was right.

Some people always have dessert.
They have to have dessert to feel as if their meal 
has been completed.
Warren and I are not those people.
We are usually more savory in our choices.


But....sometimes.....
and this was one of those times.

Chelsea is such a dear.
She made them up for me this afternoon.
Thinking ahead to our ultimate goals in making menus
and making healthier choices she cut the recipe in half.
She explained to me that then we wouldn't be eating them 
for days to come.
'sniff.

Not really.
I think that's great!!

What did you have for dinner?
How do you feel about dessert?


3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We had a Fabulous dinner of Volcano Chicken, and I did make a cake today - but we don't always eat dessert,either.

Deanna

JD/ Jill said...

They look delicious. How do I feel about dessert? I like "Sweets" to much! I've been trying to be good and stay away (Not easy...LOL) When we eat out (which isn't too often these days...I usually skip dessert)
If you had the opportunity to see my blog, Becky, you will see that I finally made it down to Longwood! The weather was just perfect! And I honestly thought of you while I was down there walking in the gardens.

Theresa said...

They look YUMMY! I had a pork roast, mashed potatoes and green beans... NO dessert! I had a bowl of frozen yogurt at bedtime, though:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!