Friday, May 31, 2013

Light Lunch....Tasty and Quick

I had a hearty breakfast at Cafe 18 this morning.
It was a sausage, egg and cheese burrito with refried beans
and salsa.

My initial thought was to just skip lunch altogether
but with my recent efforts to keep 
by blood sugars level
I decided to go with something
fresh and light instead.


Some good crackers.


A wedge of some light creamy swiss cheese.
As a recovering cheese-a-holic 
this is perfect.


And a handful of cherries.
Juicy and full of flavor!

Honestly, 
I could eat that whole plate again.
But....
with some teriyaki chicken, roasted cauliflower and rice for dinner
in just about four hours I think I'll hold 
off and enjoy some yogurt for 
a mid afternoon snack.

This does not come naturally to me.
Usually lunch is leftovers or a sandwich....
when or if it happens.

However, 
I've got candle orders to make this afternoon 
so I had to get it done and was 
so happy it was so enjoyable.

What are some of your favorite 
lunch foods?

How about snacks that keep you 
steady through the day?

2 comments:

Vee said...

Looks yummy to me! My sister has been losing weight...I just inherited her fat clothes. She's been "grazing." I rather enjoyed grazing with her last week. There were high flavor, low sodium crackers, almonds, cheese like yours, grapes, watermelon, some very crunchy whole grain pretzels, beef jerky, too. Fun day. Not sure that I could eat that way every day.

Theresa said...

Oh that looks yummy! I love wheat thins:) We keep them in the pantry but I have not tried that flavor! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!