Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Verse of Praise

I praise You, Lord
in everything...
I seek Your Word
for peace it brings.

It is You, Lord
that I adore...
for without You
I want no more.

You wake me gently
in the morning...
and bring me to
a place of yearning.

A yearning to know
Your precious plan...
What the future holds
Can I understand?

It does not matter
if I know...
What matters most
is that I go...

On missions of mercy
or to the next room...
to teach my children
about reliance on You.

Experience is life's
greatest teacher...
Life with You
could not be sweeter.

You never left me
not even once...
though things were hard
and hurt a bunch!

It was in these times
that I felt Your Peace
as You held me...
Oh, you carried me...

Through hurts that only
You could change to
calm and comfort...
and Joy in You.

Each step I take
is known by You...
Thank You, Lord
I love You too!!!

Signed,

Your daughter,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this?? Wow!! I have really taken this word yearning to heart these past few weeks! Thanks for the post.

also...
Check my blog, you have been carded!

Becky K. said...

Hey Paula,
The neatest thing happened as I was writing this...

I headed downstairs to the computer and all I knew was that I wanted to write about Praise and Adoration for my Lord.

This poem came out. As I wrote it the Lord met me in such a special way. I just cried and then was so happy...In a relieved, joyful, nothing mattered kind of way that could only have come from Him.

I went upstairs and told Warren that I had already been to church and that I just wanted to bask in the glow of Jesus Love here. He informed me that no one else here had "been to church" yet and so we were going. (I did not really mean to stay home and he knew it). So off we went. It was a great service! So much sharing and openness.

What a great day. I am so thankful to have discovered this outlet...blogging. It so often turns my thought to the Lord, rather than the "next thing" that needs to be done.

There, how was that for an answer???

"Thanks" for carding me...I'll work on that now.

Becky K

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing when the words of adoration just flow from our hearts.