Saturday, December 15, 2007

Some of the Candles I have been Creating...

I will gladly share photos of the Ball held at Mrs. Rabe's Creekside Cottage after she has had a chance to Blog about it and share what she would like. I will tell you that it was a huge success! The girls...and my boys...had a great time! The parents enjoyed watching the young ones and the time to chat amongst ourselves. More to come on this subject! Mrs. Rabe...you are one creative lady!

In the meantime you are stuck with candle pictures. It was so overwhelming in my kitchen and dining room that I wanted to document it for my own memories. I will not be showing you the chaos...just some snapshots of the different kinds we make.

This is one of 5 boxes of candles that I filled for our Amish Friends. They will give me boxes full of containers and directions on color and scent. I do my best. This is technically tricky because I am basically guessing on wicks a lot of the time. It is different because we cannot test burn every candle. The wick is the heart of the candle and if it is the wrong size it doesn't burn nicely or at all. We test wicks for our regular containers. We test like this:

One of the Fundraisers that I am currently working on is for a young man to go to train with YWAM. His mother used to make candles and so is giving input into creative designs we should try. Here is one that she wanted me to make, hot chocolate in a punch cup:

She got that idea because we make these:

Technically, we weren't offering our "stems" in the Fundraiser but I was thrilled when our other fundraiser family announced to a potential customer that I do unique "beverage" candles and started listing, teacups, stems, etc. She got all excited over the stems so these are headed to her:

I have trimmed the wicks since taking the picture.
I love getting custom requests then matching containers and colors. This was one of those that was not for either fundraiser:

The last that I will show you are our fun Coke candles:

It is far from boring making our candles. Even the jar candles get their own personalities as people have ordered all kinds of scent and color combinations. I love it!
And then they get bagged to GO:

Does this give you an idea of what I have been up to over the last two weeks? Every day...

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Melissa G said...

Oh how CUTE! I totally love the hot chocolate cups and the coke candles! They're great.
You have been busy!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Ok Becky, my post is up on my blog. I can't wait to read about it from your perspective. It was lovely and a success!

I just love your candles. Thanks so much for the work you have put into them. Remind Warren that one day the house won't smell like wax!

Gayla said...

How beautiful! I love candles and sell them in my shop. Your coke candles are so cute, and they all look scrumptious!