Saturday, May 28, 2011

What Kind of Tea is This????

A couple of years ago I found a teapot
at a yard sale.
It had no lid.
The poor thing.

So....I felt sorry for it and 
brought it home.

I also found a fern that seemed sweet.
I was told to keep it wet and it would
be happy.

The fern went into the teapot.
It has been there for two years.
I cut it all the way back a couple
of times a year
and when it is ready it grows again.

This year it came out the spout.







Cracked me up!

But I love it....

10 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

"I'm a little tea pot, short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout..."

Whoa! Who planted a fern in there!

Sigh. Why was I not blessed with the family green thumb?

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very cute! Great way to use a poor teapot without it's lid!

Vee said...

It's adorable that way! Smart little fern!

Theresa said...

Oh how precious! I happen to have a teapot that needs something growing in it:) I thought you planted it that way... too cute! I am going to copy you, hope you don't mind!

Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Elena said...

That is beautiful!

Kelly said...

That's a great way to use that teapot. I love how the fern is growing out of the spout.

Chicken Wrangler said...

That sure makes the perfect little planter! Adorable!

Jeanne said...

Hi Becky, this is a belated comment to thank you for your visit to my grandson's recital post. It has been way t long since I have visited you. The teapot is so cute and I love the spout that sprouted leaves. It cracks me up too.

I scrolled down and loved your daughter's graduation celebration. Congratulations to Chelsea and all the kids who graduated. I love the story of her friend picking shoes so they could be the same height. That is a true friendship.

Take care
Hugs, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Aren't yard sale finds like this the greatest thing! :)

Melissa G said...

I love it! I'm going to be on the look out for a tea pot with out a lid now.