Thursday, May 5, 2011

If I were a Butterfly

If I were a butterfly
I would flit and float
in my feather coat.


If I were a butterfly
I would tickle this kitty's nose
....just to make her smile.



If I were a butterfly
I would wallow in the lavender
and enjoy it's fine perfume.

I would whisper to the dragonfly
That I'm glad he is my 
neighbor.


I would sip sweet nectar from the
flowers so generously scattered on 
the bush that bears my name.


If I were a butterfly
I would whisper in your ear.
How very grateful I am
to find you here.


8 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful! Thank you. LOVE butterflies. Your pictures are lovely.

Theresa said...

How sweet! I love butterflies and the beauty all around us! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Vee said...

Becky, that was like a little respite from the morning. Thank you! That last photo is so pretty it should be framed.

Tamara Jansen said...

Thanks for your kind words today. I love your photos as well:)

Elena said...

Those are beautiful pictures!!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Becky,

Oh my what a sweet post dear friend. I love butterflies! Your photos take my breath away.:o) Thanks for sharing such sweetness with us.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Tracy said...

What a lovely post!

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures; very lovely.