Saturday, October 16, 2010

On Saying I am Sorry.....

Today I will attempt to apologize to 
someone that I spoke harshly to.
In a situation where I do not know this
person and she does not know me some
emails and phone messages hit me the
wrong way.  

She was shocked when I took offense at 
the things she said.  
I was incredulous that she didn't get how
offensive those things were.

I have struggled and prayed for the past 
couple of days.  This morning I tried to 
hear her words in a different way.
Hopefully in the way she meant them.

In one of these conversations it came to 
light that she did not comprehend much 
of the information I had sent to her in this situation and 
was dealing with a wrong understanding herself.
She had not even opened a critical attachment.

So.......knowing that, I am trying to look at
this through her eyes and ratchet back the 
offense meter.  Sigh...............

Please pray for me as I do this thing 
that can be so hard.  
I still feel hurt.
But, I also know that 
I could have handled
it in a much better way.  

Please tell me that you have had to say you
were sorry and that it all came out great????

Well, even if it doesn't come out
great I will have done 
what I needed 
to do......

7 comments:

LV said...

Not knowing the full details, I would say you probably are handling it okay. You both may and have to figure out what went wrong and agree to agree.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying for you...

JD/ Jill said...

I also have you in my prayers, Becky...

Char said...

Some things are just hard. You can only do what you can do and then let go. Prayers for both of you that you will come out of this with understanding of both sides, Char

Gayla said...

I think it is sometimes hard to put ourselves into other's mindsets... but you are doing the right thing in trying and in praying about it. It will be okay.

Tracy said...

It' can be difficult when there are hurt feelings, but saying your sorry (and meaning it), goes a long way. Do what you need to, and let the Lord do the rest.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think the Lord can do a lot toward greasing the wheels, Becky, to make it easier for her to accept your apology. I pray in Jesus name that the Lord softens her heart to what you have to say as you humble yourself before her, seeking reconcilliation. Amen...

XOXOXO,

Sheila :-)