Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Cozy Day At Home

Lately it is rare for there to be a day 
where we are primarily at home all day. 
Usually we are running here or there.
The schedule varies a lot but it is busy!
Even yesterday there was a quick trip
to the Post Office to send a box of
candles to a customer.
But that was the only 
running to be done.
We were H.O.M.E.
And it felt so very good!

 I lit the butterfly candle.
Then I got to work...
cleaning, sorting, organizing this and that.

 Chelsea baked a pumpkin pie!

She also made the lasagna.
I was planning to make it....
but she didn't mind
and I was grateful as there
was more work and cleaning to
be done....


Together we made garlic bread...
with her addition of Oregano.
The kid loves the stuff.
It was good!


And I changed out the flowers in the 
canister vase from Spring to Fall colors.


This was one of those days where I 
very much enjoyed our home.
It was so nice just being here and 
doing the things that make it
fresh and inviting.

Even Jonathan got in on it.
He cleaned and scrubbed 
what I have dubbed
"the boys' bathroom"
downstairs.
That was a job!
But it is all clean and shiny now!
Thanks Jonathan!!!!

We are a happy group...
who enjoyed pumpkin pie and 
ice cream last evening about 
8:30pm.

Then our day ended around 10:30pm
with a belly laugh at this.
Karen and Julianne are so
observant and funny!
Warren, Chelsea and I
really enjoyed the mental image.

Have a wonderful day.
We'll be around...
Warren, Jonathan and Mr Rabe are
going to be putting a new roof on my
Mom's shed.  She has been very
patiently waiting for them to find the
time to do it.  Today...is THE day!
Woo-hoo!

13 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Tim is loading the trailer now! Ready to head over!

I am going to stay home today too...Tim and I were just discussing our constant running here and there...I like to be home and have the kind of day you had...

sherry said...

lasagna & garlic bread. does it get any better than yet? seems so cuz there's pumpkin pie & ice cream!

i'll trade you a helping of all that for one of my apple strudels. whaddyasay? ;o)

jAne

Karen said...

Woo Hoo! I got through!

So, if Warren is roofing today, does that mean he's back to feeling close to 100% again? Clarence was asking how Warren was doing and I had to tell him I hadn't heard lately-but planning on roofing sounds promising.

Becky K. said...

Karen,

Warren is doing MUCH better. We are very thankful and hope that it lasts. Thanks for asking.

Becky

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin pie and lasagna look very good. I'm glad you had a day to be at home, all of you.

Tracy said...

Mmm. Good food AND a day at home. Perfect! I'm home today too. Played hooky from the Farmer's Market, and I'm not one little bit sorry.

Vee said...

Thank goodness for quiet days at home where one can regroup and recoup. That lasagna looks yummy!

LV said...

I need to spend more days like this, except the cooking. I will drop by when you have everything ready.

Susy said...

Glad you were able to have a home day together. Have a blessed Sunday. xo. Susy

Jean Tuthill said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me, and the pie and lasagne with garlic bread--priceless!

Elena said...

That sounded like a wonderful and blessed day!

Simple Home said...

I love being at home...it's my favorite place to be. I enjoyed the sign too. I remember one we used to pass on our way to work when we were first married. There was a sign for two places next to each other. One sign on top the other. The first was for a chocolate shop, and the one below it was for a dentist. I always thought it seemed so funny :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

A day around the home is so good for the soul! Sounds like you had lots of fabulous home smells going on too! Yummy!
Do you have time to come for coffee?
This week is a trainwreck! But next Tuesday is good.
Can you come to StoneGable and spend a little time?
Yvonne