Sunday, December 28, 2008

Change...It Makes the World Go Around...

I love change!

Same old, same old bores me.
It has always been like this.
As a teenager I repainted and
rearranged my bedroom so many
times that we are sure the room
would survive the strongest tornado
while the rest of the house would
succumb.

However, this morning I am experiencing
a change that is hampering my ability to
blog.

I am on my "new" laptop.
You know, the one Mom gave me for Christmas.
It was the one she and Daddy were going to use
to go around to churches and tell about their
trips to Europe with Transworld Radio and Papua
New Guinea with the Radio Station Start up.
Unfortunately, Dad died unexpectedly before they
got to do that.

I am at the dining room table, rather than down in
our office at the desk. The keyboard is different.
My thought processes are different in this rather
busy part of our house. There are candles on the
table around me that need to be labeled and put in
bags. We plan to have people over today so things
like this need to get done.

It is hard to feel free to post when these things are
so visible out of the corner of my eye.

However, I have made a pact with myself to post
every day I am able. This is a discipline
I will need if ever I get the opportunity to write
professionally. I have no idea if that will ever
happen but it is something that I am open to.

I have a dream of writing fiction for teen boys
and girls. This is not a saturated market.
Our more conservative readers are struggling to
find excellent story lines and writing.

Another area of interest is curriculum writing.
I think this comes from my frustrations in buying
curriculum and finding much of it flat and dull.
Very hard to teach from so I have developed some of
my own that has led to our evaluator encouraging me
to try to find a publishing house and get it published.

That meant a lot to me because she sees many, many
types of curriculums being used and she liked mine...
cool!

So, I sit here, struggling with words in this new blogging
environment but it is just another step in the challenge
toward a someday goal.

Change...It stretches us,
It frustrates some of us,
It delights some of us,
It is unavoidable in life.

Do you thrive or suffer in times of change?

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

3 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I thrive, and must have, CHANGE! In my professional and personal life, both!

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon you won't see the things around you upstairs!! Believe me I know!!!

Becky K. said...

For me, it all depends on what the change is, but I think, for the most part, I thrive because I, too, get bored if things remain the same for too long.

I don't remember you mentioning to me about your desire to do some professional writing at some point. That's cool -- just one more thing we have in common.

Kelly at Cozy Comforts