Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taking a Different Perspective


Sometimes it helps to take a different perspective on those things that weigh us down. Don't you think that we fall into patterns of thinking and it is natural to continue to think and act in the same way over and over again? There is nothing wrong with that if it is accomplishing our goals, however, I have been finding myself frustrated lately with several things that really need to be accomplished but I cannot seem to find the mental energy to make myself get them done...or figured out.

This is not like me! I am a work processor and a people pleaser. I would normally have done these things ages ago in fear that someone would be unhappy with me.

Not this time.

I am exhausted and mentally drained.

So, I must come at these things from a different angle.

No, I am not going to go hang upside down from a tree. But do you remember doing that as a kid and how different things looked?

I do need to pray and ask God for a new perspective on these things and the will and ability to get them done. I need to get on my knees for a new vision...

This may have made absolutely no sense to you... but since it is my blog and it does make sense to me...that is ok.

Blessings on your day....and if you need a new perpective...try getting on your knees in prayer. Amazing view from there!

Becky K.

7 comments:

sherry said...

I'm right there with you. sigh. And you're right, I need to seek the Lord about this.

Thank you for this oh so timely post.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I know exactly what you are talking about - and I love the look of the blog!

Did you do it or did someone else?

Anonymous said...

Oh no Becky you made perfect sense. I think that is where I am. Letting my facilitating go and being taught. To then be still and listen to what God is calling me to do next. Maybe being still and resting in him is what I need to fill the hole in my heart...

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Becky...sometimes looking at it from a different perspective does help a bit....I used to be a people pleaser too but now if I'm satisfied then I know someone else is too.
Hugs to you,
Robin

Becky K. said...

Mrs. Rabe,
Thanks for the compliment on the blog facelift. I did it with the free blog backgrounds that you see in the upper left corner of the page. It is easy and fun to choose...
Becky K.

Kelly said...

Becky,
We are praying for you. I noticed you seem drained or kind of depressed lately. If there is anything I can do in addition to praying, please let me know.

Melissa G said...

I love the new look of your blog! Very cute.

I'm sorry you're having this hard time right now. One day you are going to be able to look back and see how God worked it all out.
Thanks for the reminder to go see the view from our knees.