Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Milestones....

Milestones in our lives can be
joyous or painful.

Yesterday was another one of those
painful days.

If Dad had lived, He and Mom would
have celebrated their 42nd anniversary.

Wouldn't it have been cool to have them
over for dinner and rejoice in all of the
years they have served together in churches,
at the radio station, in International
ministry?

But it is not to be.

Mom went up to visit my brother over this
time and to do some things at the grave site.
It makes me sad to think of her out there
alone weeding and planting and missing
Daddy. But, this is where she is in her
life and I cannot change it.

I suppose to want to is kind of like saying
that God made a mistake...and I know that
can't be...but to watch your mother grieve
is a very hard thing to do.

I am very thankful for the parents God gave me.

I certainly wouldn't trade them for any others,
even knowing that Daddy would go home to Heaven
so soon.

It just disconnects the heart from the things of
this world a little bit more every time we lose
one of these dear people.

On a very different kind of milestone...

Mikey has just discovered that it is just
over a month until he can get his permit...




He is such a clown!








Color him HAPPY!

Me too!

He will be a very good driver, if his foot
doesn't get too heavy on the gas pedal.

We have a State Trooper who lives in our
neighborhood. Perhaps there will be an
opportunity for some one on one with him
to learn the dangers and helpful hints to
being a great defensive driver.

Thanks for being there, you lovely bloggy friends.

I appreciate all the kind words about the blog
color changes. I love to mix things up.
Warren liked it better the old way. I told him
not to worry...I'll be changing it up again
before long.


Tears and smiles.

Isn't it crazy how they mix together to make
up our emotions and how quickly one can change
to another?

This is life.

How are you living yours?

Taking time for both?


Blessings on this day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am smiles so far today!

Last night Robert and I had dinner with friends that the husband is a teaching pastor in a nearby city but lives a mile away! Their 3 yr old was at our church with their version of VBS. So we both had the idea of dinner!! The husband was the kids Jr Hi Pastor. We had a great time so I am good to go this morning!!

I had a thought while reading your post! Maybe our dads are working alongside each other!! You know, getting to know each other like us!

Becky K. said...

Hey Paula,
We will have to introduce them when we get there if they haven't met yet.
They sound very similar in Pastors heart and love for the Lord.

Kelly said...

Oh, sweet Becky, I'm so sorry for your tears and the sorrow you feel for your mother as she grieves. You and your mother are both so dear to me. I will pray for you both throughout this week. God bless you both!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

What a very sweet post Becky, I can tell that your heart is full of both tears and happiness and the love you have for your mom and dad is very evident to all. I cant imagine, but I do know how very hard it is to watch your mom grieve. So glad that we have eternity in heaven to look forward to when hard times like this happen here on earth. Blessings to you!

Phyllis said...

We love your Mom. She is such a new dear friend. She must miss your father very much but her joy is that she knows he is in heaven with Jesus. A big hug and a prayer goes out to you and your Mom as well