Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Favorite Morning at Bible Study

I think that even with a headache that wouldn't quit, this morning had to be my favorite ever morning at Change of Pace Bible Study.  There isn't one reason that made it so....it just was.  Chelsea and I got her babysitting charge loaded into the van and off we went.  Since Chels works with the 2  year olds while their moms attend the study she goes with me each week.  I love that!  And now when we have J she comes along and learns too.

We arrived and I walked into the sanctuary to be reminded that the church had installed a new sound system.  Oh, man!  This was a huge contribution to making today special.  There were just three of us singing this morning but for some reason it seemed stronger and clearer than when there are five or six of us.  Some of it was likely song choice....and the fact that I knew the music....but there was also the clarity of the new system that was such a blessing!

The best part, though, was getting lost in the words and message of the songs.  The entire sanctuary of ladies worshiped dearly.  I'm often guilty of being distracted by some technicality or other such thing, but this morning ....not.  We finished singing and you could feel it in the room.  We were all reluctant to disturb the spirit settled in the room.  It took a few seconds for any of the ladies to move. To get up and head to the small groups waiting for us.

Getting to lead a small group is very important to my involvement in a study.  Not for the reasons you may be thinking though.  I have mentioned before that this makes me do the homework.  I'm not kidding about that.  Being accountable beyond simply participating in class is vital to me actually sitting down with my study materials.  It isn't that I don't want to do it....it is simply a matter of the week flying by faster than I can imagine.  All of a sudden a week has passed and my best intentions will not have been met.  I'm just not disciplined.  Period.  This forces the issue.

Anyway, our discussions today were so good.  The dozen ladies in our room are thinking, involved and really soaking up the truths about putting on The Armor of God.  Today we talked about the Breastplate of Righteousness.  Ahh.....there was so much discussion.  We talked about how it is Christ's Righteousness we put on....not our own deeds of righteousness.  But if we are under His righteousness anyway why live a righteous life?  Or on the contrary, since we are instructed to live a righteous life how do we keep our efforts from becoming something we use against others or that we judge ourselves or others by.  How do we start in love, share in love and live in love all while honoring truth?  Oh yes!  It was soooo good.

I've been enjoying the memories of this morning all day long.  Don't you love days like that?  Sweet worship.  Sweet fellowship.  And the JOY of the Lord.  So very, very good!

Chelsea and J both had great mornings as well.  With 10 or so two year olds for Chelsea to care for you never know if it was a "happy day" or an "everyone cried all morning" day.  Today was a "happy day".  And J came running to me with her craft project, eager to show it off.  Apparently they learned about the little boy with his bag lunch because she had a brown bag with some paper fish in it.  And then that little sweetheart sang and chattered the entire way home.  Chelsea and I just had to look at each other and smile.

This next week I'll be studying how to put on the footwear of the Gospel of Peace.  Peace.  Now that's something that sounds good about now.  Should be convicting and inspiring.

No comments: