Thursday, January 7, 2016

Crazy Days....In the "Slow Time" of the Year

Changeover is happening.  That's what we all call it when one show is removed from the theater and another one is prepared.  As I mentioned in my last post this means schedules are all over the place right now.  Some work overnight who normally don't, some work in other departments since their's is closed and some just stay late....sometimes quite late.  Starting any dinner with a tight deadline would be a silly idea during these months.  And so at a time when I would normally be eating or preparing food I'm sitting in my candle workshop creating and now talking to you.



It has been a fun day to get Spring and Valentine's Day started when it comes to fresh candles and with a delivery of brand new fragrances I'm in my glory.  I got stuff like Australian Bamboo Grass....Oatmeal Milk-n-Honey....Honey Bunny.....Kudzu....Cottage and Breezes.  Tomorrow I'm picking up even more from my local supplier.  One of those will be ....wait for it....Leather!  Crazy, I know!  But I want to use it in car fresheners.  How cool would that be?


Chelsea and I get to spend a lot more time together in Changeover.  Not because she wants to be available more but because she works in a position that requires patrons to be in the building.  The second day off of work she was already stressing about not working.  Crazy girl.  She has a million and one things she can use this time for and she has been very busy.  We have done some shopping, she is wrapping plasticware for the wedding, she has made two of her four types of cakes for the planned cake table.  I'll not go into detail but I predict it will be as pretty as it is delicious!
Now, we are not keeping those two cakes.  They were prototypes that were shared with any who would indulge...  And then they were sent to work with Warren so his co-workers could enjoy them as well.  So, all is good and we are not ruining the progress made in the weight loss department.


Aren't these adorable?
People LOVE to purchase these little tins at the shops and so it seemed fitting to give them at least one Valentine's Day option.  More to come but first I have to order more tins.
They always go too quickly.

Oh!  I got another project for Chelsea to work on today.  Three vintage windows.
They are in varying degrees of distress.  One of them still has a sill....which I find absolutely adorable.  They will serve some delightful purpose at the wedding, I'm sure.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, as is normal these days I was stopped mid post to spend some time with family.  Definitely can't complain about that.  During this unplanned break I learned that a dear friend
has safely given birth to a little boy.  Warren and I had dinner.  Chelsea and Chadd went on a date and came home again.   I spent time with my daughter in love.  .....And so it is now nearly time to sleep and I'll just finish up by showing you lilac candles I just finished.  They are such sweet candles.


And to make you giggle....
A behind the scenes shot of the photo box.


As my Father-in-Law would have said,
"Fancy, Ain't?"
Oh, how I miss him some days.

I'm sure I'll regret posting that last photo but there you have it.
I'm too tired to care at the moment and just find it funny.
Catch you later!




6 comments:

Vee said...

I think that photo is cool! You're giving me ideas I can tell you that. Maybe my photography will pick up around here. Oh Chelsea's idea for a cake station sounds so neat. Are you serving them in canning jars? Maybe I was looking at a candle just then.

Theresa said...

Lovely candles and I KNOW they smell heavenly:) That last picture is creative and perfect to showcase your candle! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Karen Andreola said...

Your new candle photo-arrangements turned out quite pretty in color and texture (the backdrop - the sweater), he, he. What's in the spotlight on stage always looks very different than what is backstage or in the wings. Never-mind, the audience appreciates the show.

Jean Tuthill said...

I enjoyed your post very much. And thanks for the behind the scenes look, love the last pic of your backdrop. Who knew? lol

LMJ said...

I LOVE that last photo! Those 'keepin-it-real' photos are usually my favorite! :-) It tells the rest of us that we are ALL alike, in one way or another....
Blessings to you and yours. ~ A Southerner(MS), who was once a Northerner, born and raised in Berks County, very close to Reading

Doris said...

Love the box shot! I would never have guessed your background :)