Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More Excited Than Ever....


It must be an illness.
Perhaps an addiction.....
I'm not sure.

But, as I sit here and think about the future
of Good Neighbors Candle Co.
I am so excited.

What's crazy about this is that there is a 
very real chance that I will be 
ending the company in January.
And for very valid reasons.


However, 
If I don't I've got ideas and plans 
that will make this year look like child's play.

Therein lies the dilemma.

How to continue to create and develop,
to fulfill the vision I have for this little company
while actually turning a profit
and spending time with my family.

It just might be possible.
We shall see.



With the addition of wood and cotton wicks,
further development and creation of baby shower favors, 
refining of shop and salon programs,
and tweaking of the fundraiser programs
just to name a few I see the possibilities for 
serious expansion and growth.

Is this what we want?

Hmmmm........

It looks as if
Chelsea will be heading 
to the other side of the world 
for most of my busy season next year.
I'll have to do something.

Warren is a bit worried about what I would 
fill all of this time up with if I were to 
give it up.
A very legitimate concern, 
I'll agree.


And then there is the fact that 
people are already contacting me to book Spring Fundraisers.
Yikes!
And we are talking about another Handmade Marketplace
in Chambersburg
before Mother's Day.
Ummm......
Yes, the time is coming when 
we must make a 
decision.

In...or Out.
That is the question.








Right now I'd have to say the 
scale is tipping toward
In....but I remain open to all options.

 I have promised Warren
we will talk about it in 
January.

So.we.will!




10 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh girl, lots to think about! Your candles are all so beautiful and I know FIRST HAND how wonderful they smell:) Have a blessed day and just pray for the answer! HUGS!

Buttercup said...

Your customers will miss you, but we also cheer you on in whatever direction you are led to.

Tracy said...

wow! That is a hugh decision.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I again wish I was closer so that I could help you. I pray for wisdom and clarity for you as you look to the future.

Susy said...

The are a lot of things to consider, but I know youll prayerfully make the right decision. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Vickie said...

Hi Becky- I'm sure enjoying my candles this fall - soon as I felt a nip in the air, out came the Autumn scents! My house will be filled with those aromas this week when all the family members come! I hoarded a couple of them from last year's order so I would have them this year (maybe just a wee bit selfish on my part - I decided I would keep these! LOL!)

Hmmm --- wonder what you've got up your sleeve??? Guess we'll find out in January!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Maybe hire a helper...or find a partner?

Vee said...

You sound so passionate about it, Becky. That's what I'm hearing anyway. All the best whichever direction you go!

Elena said...

I know God will give you wisdom and direction! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Becky! May you have a wonderful day with your family.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying along with you!


Deanna