Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Do You Have Any Idea?

Do you have any idea what it is like
to watch election returns 
while fasting to prep for blood work?

It is pure torture.

As the returns came back last evening,
each one pointing to 
the lessening of my candidate's chances
I yearned to nibble.

There were jellybeans in a bowl
just across the room.
I could have been there
in mere seconds.

One swipe of the hand 
and they would have been mine.

However, 
that was not to be.

Just as my choice for president
was not supposed to win.

However, 
today I am going to go and get 
that bloodwork done.
I'll move on.

And so will our Country.
We will make the best of it.
I'm sad because I believe that so many 
are enslaved to the check that comes in the mail
each month.
I'm sad because the family values that my candidate
would have supported have been discarded.
But, you know what?
This is apparently what "we" want.

I will pray that God will show His people
how we can show His love to those around us.
I don't believe that spewing hate
and despair is the answer.

Somehow
that just doesn't seem Christlike.
Can you imagine?

And so.....
just as I had to put aside the desire for 
jellybeans......
Yes there might be a political implication
if you are old enough to get it.....
I will wait and see what 
God will do 
over these next four years.

God is definitely not dead.
He is at work.
His purposes are never wrong.

7 comments:

Carol said...

I love this post, Becky. You are so wise. I'm afraid I'm still in shock about this election.

Smiles,
Carol

Theresa said...

WOW, I am so happy that I read this first thing this morning! I needed to look at things a little differently:) Thanks for putting a positive spin on the negative! BIG HUGS!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Amen. Like I posted on facebook this morning. Ill live the same life no matter who is in the white house, same values and morals. I will live a conservative life because I am a conservative woman. I will continue to work hard to create a life that I am proud of.

Anonymous said...

Such a resigned, loving response. I'm feeling it, too. Sharing your good word today, milady . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Debby said...

Better than prepping for a colonoscopy, hah. My friend was last night. I just ran to the bathroom for a second and Romney was ahead 20 electorial votes. I came out and Obama was declared the winner, wow.
We need to all work together now. Put aside our differences.
Hope your blood work comes out AOK.

SmilingSally said...

Right on, Becky! I, too, voted for the one who will not be president, but God is in control.

Unknown said...

Well, written sweetie.