Wednesday, July 4, 2012

English Country Dancing

I sometimes cringe when we have visitors at church and we announce
that there will be a dance at a certain event.
Not because dancing is inherently wrong....
but because there are so many styles of dance and I have 
to wonder what those visitors might be thinking.

In our case to have a dance means that we will be enjoying
English Country Dances.
They are like square dancing with more formality.
Although we aren't exactly formal.
Not by a long shot.
I'm simply speaking stylistically.


We have people of all ages and sizes
participating in the dances.
Young Kyle has been doing these dances since
he was about three years of age.


Others just began learning a couple of weeks ago.
But the real kick off for this particular group came 
during our Titanic Event.


So much fun was had that there have been requests for 
more dancing coming nearly weekly.
The young people are so enjoying this that they are willing to 
take down and set up chairs in our sanctuary each time.




Last Sunday a smaller group was able to stay
and dance but we had a great time.
I am far from graceful but this is a great workout and 
a very good time.


I don't know when we will get to dance again but I do know 
that when we do it will be with enthusiasm.
Because that is how we roll.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Looks like a ton of fun! We have been talking about joining a Zumba class, great exercise:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So much fun!

I love that they have such enthusiasm for it!

Deanna

Vee said...

Kyle is so cute!

Vickie said...

Aw, Becky - just look how much fun these kiddos are having! I b'lieve I'd love to join in on that! We used to do square dancing in school and I always loved it!