Sunday, June 3, 2012

What Did a Photo of Feet Make Me Think Of?

Do you remember the children's song
Oh Be careful little feet where you go?
Oh be careful little hands what you do?
Oh be careful little mouth what you say?

For the Father up above is looking down in love.
Oh be careful........

Words we learn as children are forever tucked away 
in our memory banks.
This can be good or it can be bad.
I've long taught my children to be very cautious in 
what they allow themselves to see in movies or
in the media as you cannot erase it.

It stays.

And it comes back at odd times.
I'm very glad it was this little song that came back as I came across
this photo.  I love that it says our Father is looking at us in love.
I believe that is so true.

I'm so thankful for all of the scripture I was forced to 
learn as a child and teenager.
It is such a blessing to me even now.
Something will happen and one of those verses 
or passages will come to mind.

That is part of the reason I so love 
Chelsea's idea of choosing a verse most days
to write and carry with her.
To meditate on and write on the wall of her heart.

So...
Be careful little eyes.
Be careful little hands.
Be careful little feet.............................

The One who loves you is watching.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I remember that song that we sung in our little Country Church:) Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

Susy said...

I've never heard that song ~ such a sweet way to impart wisdom. I'm reminded that the Lords word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. xo

Vee said...

Ahhh, yes, I remember it well. You're ready for grands! Those are very cute shoes, my friend. ☺

Elena said...

That is such a beautiful little song and we sing it often with the kids in Mary's preschool class.