Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taking Photography Direction

Here's the deal.
At least twice while we were 
visiting at Williamsburg my 
Mother-in-law pointed out photography
opportunities.

Not just, 
"Hey!  Take a picture of that."
But, "That would be a wonderful 
close up opportunity."
And when I began to shoot from where 
I was standing she pointed out that 
the flowers were facing her.
So, that meant that she had to move so 
I could get the right angle.


She was right!
Cute.ness.

Although, I probably should have laid down
on my belly to get up under the blooms.
That may have been taking it a bit too
far and it wasn't recommended.
lol
Later as we were on our way back 
to the van at the end of a long day
she spotted this white shed with its 
ivy draping so daintily and 
pointed it out.

 

I don't recall if she suggested a photo
session or not but I was on it 
nonetheless.

 What this means to me?
She's been reading my blog.
She knows how much I love to 
capture unusual or pretty scenes.
I love to get the little overlooked bitty 
flowers....
she's on the lookout.

I can tell you that we have vacationed with 
her for more than 20 years here and there
and this was a first.
It made me smile.
It made me happy.

I'm so blessed to have 
both a mother-in-law and my mom 
so close and so dear.

Thank Georgia if you like the 
photos in this post today.
Without her they would have just been 
missed opportunities.

3 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I agree, you are very blessed!!! So many families don't care to spend time together. I am blessed too...with many wonderful memories and the knowledge that both Mama and my MIL Joyce are in heaven in the presence of their Savior.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Georgia did a great job!

We kind of like her around our house - Grandma Georgia!

Deanna

Rachel said...

I love Colonial Williamsburg! It's a favorite getaway spot for my family, and I'm getting my hubby hooked on it too. Like you, I've been blessed with parents and parent-in-laws who are a joy to be with, and we spend as much time with them as we can. Sometimes in Williamsburg!