Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Monday Evening at Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Joining Outdoor Wednesday
with Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.
Thanks Susan.
I am so glad the weather is making
the outdoors inhabitable again.

Warren had the day off on Monday.
Sight and Sound celebrates Easter
by giving their employees a holiday.
We appreciate that!



Chelsea is more like her Grandmothers
than she is like Warren and I when it comes
to adventure and travel.
She ADORES it.


Its not that we don't enjoy it...
but we have a lot to do, you know?
We just don't think about it.


Well, on Monday this changed.
Chelsea was looking for a day trip.
She thought that a trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor
sounded like the perfect thing.

We checked with the Grandma's.
Only my Mom could go on such short
notice.
We asked Mikey when he returned from work
and he was up for it.
So....around 4pm we hopped into the car
and off we went!


It was such a good idea!
The breeze off the water kept us 
comfortable on that warm day.
It was fun to watch the families all out and about.
The dragon peddle boats were so fun!!
But this ship was majestic.


We have been to The Inner Harbor before.
The kids love the Aquarium
but it has been several years since we have 
visited.  We must get back and visit the Aquarium again
since it didn't have evening hours on Monday.
That was fine.
We wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather anyway.







I love this photo of my Mom.
She truly enjoys these outings.




I will preface this next set of photos by saying that
our children are interesting.
Crazy, maybe.
But they really love each other.

Jonathan hates to smile for photos.
We were trying to convince him that he should
smile....he has a great one.
That didn't work.
So Mikey began making faces.
These photos tell that story.








You just might have noticed that
Mikey's hair is lighter than you
remembered. You are so right.
Can you believe that this was his
hair color as a little boy?
So, I guess you could say he is
"going back to his roots".
LOL

He bought the haircolor.
I applied it.
We are all getting used to it.
But I love this photo of him.
Those blue eyes!



We began looking for a place to get dinner.
I was drawn to The Cheesecake Factory.
I've never eaten there and it does have a 
great reputation.
But many others were interested in it also
and there was an hour to hour and a half wait.
We passed.

This is where we ended up.

 On a balcony overlooking the harbor.
It was perfect!!




 The baskets of pansies were full and beautiful.

 I amused myself by taking photos 
of the umbrellas "floating".

 Mom checked out the view.



By the time we finished dinner
dusk had settled in .
The lights were coming on all 
around us which totally changed the 
landscape.  Pretty in a whole new way.
We decided that it was probably time
to head on out.  After all, Tuesday meant
Warren would be headed back to work
and it would take us a while to get home.

But I have to give Chelsea a lot of credit.
She found the perfect thing for us to do.
Better than medicine.
Yep!  It was.

Have a wonderful day.
Hope you are better than we
at taking day trips.

I recommend it.
I also recommend visiting my
friend Melissa's blog so you can 
enter to win a $25 gift certificate to 
my candle shop on Etsy.
The response has been kind
of luke warm and I am getting a bit
testy.....lol.
Come on!!
If you are reading this
you qualify.
Whether you are a customer,
visitor, friend or stranger...
go, enter.
My feelings are at stake...
((wink))

11 comments:

Joyce said...

What a wonderful spur of the moment mini vacation day. I laughed at your comment ...back to the roots. I once went there with my son years ago but he drove so fast I was only able to get a glimpse. I think those peddle boats are so cute I want to go there and actually get out of the car. Oh and I did see your nephew playing on American Idol. So talented.
Joyce

Vee said...

Excellent seizing the day! That Chelsea has some great ideas...

Vee said...

I didn't think I should where I'm not a reader at your friend's blog. Shouldn't it be for her readers? If not, I'll be there with bells on...

Becky K. said...

Vee,
Go...it is for all who find it. I am promoting it to my readers, Melissa to hers and others are promoting it as well. I would be so delighted if you would enter.

That goes for all who read this too.

Hugs,
Becky

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We haven't been to Inner Harbor for a few years...

We love day trips - but you know life gets in the way.

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Mr. T and I are both like Chealsea, where can we go and how much fun can we have when we get there?

I love the pics, cracks me up to see Uno's anywhere but Chicago!

Their vegetarian pizza is one of my favorite things.

sherry said...

what a perfectly nice time at a perfectly lovely place with perfectly wonderful hearts to share it all ...

jAne

Elena said...

What a fun day! I loved all the photos.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful day trip! Love seeing places that I have never visited! Your Mom is precious! I think that it is great that she can share these times with you and your family! The pictures are too cute with your trying to get them to smile:) Mikey is so handsome with those gorgeous eyes!

Thanks for sharing your day with me! HUGS!

no spring chicken said...

What a perfect day! Beautiful photos...

Blessings, Debbie

Melissa G said...

Looks like a beautiful day!

And PLEASE come and enter the giveaway! You do not have to be a regular reader there to enter. Anyone is welcome!