Thursday, February 3, 2011

Early Spring?

That is what one groundhog had to say....
you know Punxutawney Phil! He was very 
sure that we will soon be out from under this
ice and snow.

I want to agree with him.
Boy, do I.
And I have a reason to hope.
Georgia saw a bluebird couple 
checking out the bluebird box.
Seems early for that...
so it could be a good sign.

But, what most people don't know
is that there is another groundhog that 
makes predictions.  
He is named Octoraro Orphie.
They bring him out down around Pequea...
not far from here.
(By the way, that is pronounced "peck-way"
not "Pee-quee" as I incorrectly guessed when
we first moved here....lol.)
In all of the fog and cloudy skies somehow
that pesky groundhog managed to see his 
shadow.  Now, I think it must be a miracle
that this rodent was able to see much of anything
yesterday....let alone his shadow.

I don't like his message.
I reject his message.
I'm going with that other groundhog.
Soon we'll be seeing trees of green...........










you know how that goes.
Red roses too.


Oh yeah!
What a wonderful World!

8 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm with you sister!

Come on Spring!

Vee said...

The entire groundhog thing is just a matter of perspective. If he sees his shadow, six more weeks of winter. Six more weeks of winter from my perspective sounds g.r.e.a.t. From yours, I would imagine not so much. ;> Thanks for the beautiful images of growing things...it's enough for today.

Beth said...

You know, Becky, I don't think that that silly groundhog could even make his way out of his hole here in Central Indiana! We have sooo much ice! We are walking on probably six to eight inches of just white ice! So, I think the whole "grandhog and his shadow" was contrived this year...!! haha!
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Yeah, I think we really need to paint that kitchen! I could stand it in the summer when it was bright outside but I think I really need some "happy" in my kitchen, especially since I am always in it so much!!
I am thinking about going out and planting some bulbs as soon as I can dig through the snow and ice at our new house. I don't know if they will grow this year but I would surely love to have some spring flowers there! Perhaps there are some that I just don't know about! Wouldn't that be a wonderful surprise?
I had a small panic attack a few days ago when I realized that I will have to leave my lilac bushes! My husband assured me that we can plant some more but the others are so big and pretty!!
Have a wonderful wintery day in Lancaster County!

Tracy said...

Great pictures! I'm itching for spring too.

Susy said...

I'm feeling guilty every time I look at my blooms. Discovered six spikes on an orchid the other day and started to take pictures to post, but decided that would be cruel.

If it's any consolation, we're getting down into the 30's at night here. No? Didn't think so. (:

Elena said...

It looks like it is going to be an early spring here and I am very happy about that! Beautiful pictures.

daisy said...

Yes!!! I needed that little glimpse of spring. Thanks, Becky.

Tamara Jansen said...

Oh, there's nothing like beautiful blooms to cheer the heart!