Saturday, January 30, 2010



Music Practice was just canceled,
it snowed unexpectedly today and
we weren't sure enough about the
roads to risk Pastor Mike's twenty
minute drive...

So...looks like tea and a relaxing
evening for me.

Warren and the boys are watching a
movie downstairs, Chelsea is preparing
to make cookies and muffins for our
Fellowship meal tomorrow.

I have been on my feet all day,
first making candles and then
truly awesome stromboli
for dinner.

Yes, I am bragging on my
Stromboli. Just enough whole
wheat flour in the dough to make
it interesting while still
keeping it light and delicious.

For Christmas, Georgia gave me
that book about making bread
in five minutes a day.
So I have been reading it and
learning all kinds of interesting
tips about bread chemistry.

Not that hard, really.
Just a few basics about proteins
and how they react to the yeast.

By the way...this teapot is not mine.
It is on display at Winterthur.
A delightful museum and grounds
in Delaware.

Don't you just love the simple,
yet elegant design?

I do!

Photobucket

1 comment:

PJ said...

Tea sounds delightful on this cold winter morning.... p.s. we will probably be in Lancaster until Wednesday ;)