Friday, October 30, 2009

Autumn Glory...



While I love photos where the
grandeur of the color takes your
breath away, there is also something
to be said for those little moments.

The spots of color and details that
surround us every day.

Yesterday I found myself with camera
in one hand, a warm chicken egg in the
other wandering our backyard and just
a little beyond into my mother-in-law's
space...just to see what I could see.



Curious about the egg?
Our youngest chickens have just
begun laying. We are gathering
them as quickly as we can so they
don't get broody on us.

I got there just after an egg was
carefully left for us and it served
as a wonderful hand warmer...sorry!
I hear someone saying "Ewww!"
Don't knock it until you try it!
I say that with a smile!
It is a bit wierd...I was just too
into what I was doing to stop and
take the egg inside.



Oliver was so very happy
that I was outside with him.
The poor cat is so conflicted.
He loves to be outside but he also
loves attention. So when we are outside
he is thrilled that he can have it all!



Waiting for an impromptu bonfire...



All ready for a fire in Georgia's fireplace.
Love those crackling wood fires.
They smell so good!




Love these evergreens that border the
properties...



So wispy and beautiful.



Hopefully one of these days the
rains will stop long enough for
us to dispose of the leaves...





but for now, I think they smell
so good and look so pretty.







Sharing these photos is so much
fun but I have just been "paged"
back to the real world.

Time to attend to a few things.
Making bread, brownies and more
for the weekend and a birthday
celebration.

My brother is turning FORTY!!!!
We are celebrating tomorrow.
Yippee!!!



So ...
Have a super day!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Joyce said...

A warm egg in the hand is an experience I have yet to do. Sounds much better then a pair of gloves on a cold day. We are just starting to get color and some leaves on the ground here in Atlanta. I read your post about the fire and the little dog being lost in the blaze. So sad but happy to hear the family was OK and knowing your kindness I know you will help them out in some way. Have a safe fun Halloween weekend.
Joyce

Carol said...

Our Fall foliage has been so beautiful here in Oklahoma this year. I think it's because we had so much rain throughout the summer.

Blessings,
Carol

Freda Marie said...

I can recall many a warm egg in my hands. What a great blog, your pictures are wonderful. I also want to say a huge "thank you" for the wonderful candles, I am already burning them. Your generosity is so appreciated!!!

Barb said...

Talent girl....you have it!! The pictures are truly gorgeous. Happy birthday to your brother.

Barb ♥

Liane said...

Thank you for taking me on a walk with you.....and for Oliver - he's so cute! I have a cat Simba (a girl) who ignores me unless I'm outside and then she's me bestest friend.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Birthday to your brother!
Blessings,
Liane

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This would be country magic at its best...the beauty of the seasons and the nature of the animals. Just lovely!
♥, Susan

Elena said...

Becky what beautiful fall pictures. Happy Birthday to your brother! The brownies sound wonderful. Have a blessed day! Hugs, Elena