Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trumpet and Friends

Our chicks are thriving!

What spunky little things
they are.

Since it has been very cold
overnights they are still
living in the garage with
a heat lamp, as needed.

However, it is fun to take
them out to a temporary
play yard for some good old
scratching and pecking!

Oh do they love this!

Check out how fluffy they
are getting to be.

Their little tails are like
cotton balls.




Their eyes are sharp and don't
miss a thing


Since the little play yard is
just chicken wire placed in a
circle the peeps must be watched
at all times. The number one
worry for chickens is predators.

Could be a bird or a dog.
Even our friendly foxes from
across the street.

Our larger chicken run that
these guys will move into has
a chicken wire roof and buried
fencing. You really have to
be careful or your chickens will
be the targets of some hungry creature.

We certainly wouldn't want that!

Chelsea has named this one Trumpet.


There is a tiny one who is so
very spunky! She is always
trying to break free. We
call her Thumbelina.

Don't be misled by that innocent
little face...

The others remain nameless.
As soon as they reveal their
little personalities I am sure
that will change.





Have a Happy Thursday!

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

13 comments:

Vee said...

Oh phew! I'm glad that you are calling in today for meds. Take care of yourself...

That's the one thing about raising chickens...so many dangers out there. I'd be such a nervous nellie.

SmilingSally said...

I know that doctors don't want to prescribe an antibiotic for every illness because when you REALLY need it, it won't work.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am sorry you are still not feeling well. Those chickens are so cute - we may need to pop over for a little visit - Kyle would love to see them!

Becky K. said...

Come on over!

The girls can play Cooking Mama and you, Kyle and I can hang out in the open air...

I look terrible though, so be prepared.

sherry said...

Oh golly, those chicks are adorable. I'm drawn to Thumbelina for her cuteness but also for her obvious spunk. :o) I'd love to have chickens.

So so so sorry you're still not well, Becky. I hope the antibiotic will do its thing and make you all better soon!

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

BittersweetPunkin said...

Your little fuzzies are getting big! Looks like you are the Momma Hen...LOL.

I do hope you feel better soon...Kailei is still coughing and I wonder if I need to take her to the Dr for a third time...

Hugs,
Robin

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

They are so adorable and so fluffy! Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!

Manuela

Karen said...

Hope the meds do the trick and you're back to full speed soon.

Carol said...

Your little chicks are so cute!
Hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Carol

MoeyMichele said...

Those are THE cutest little chickens. I hope you feel better soon!

Joyce said...

I love those babies and the fluffy tails. I hope the Dr. calls in your meds today and you start to feel better by tomorrow.
Joyce

artis1111 said...

What kind of chickens are they.? I have seen some calles Silks. Kathy

Lisa Pogue said...

How fuzzy!! I have a thing for chickens. Roosters too!