Friday, April 11, 2008

Great Day!


My friend, Belinda, could not have chosen
a nicer day to head over to Longwood Gardens.

I guess you know by now that we are hooked on
this glorious piece of real estate.

It was 68 degrees, the sun was shining
and there was a nice breeze.

The kids were thrilled to go on ahead where
we could watch but an uninterrupted conversation was
possible!

Moms, you know how hard this can be sometimes.

I only took two, yes that was two pictures at the
Gardens this time. Lucky you!
But this was because the conversation was just so
fun that I forgot to use the camera.

After a few hours spent there it was time to get ready
for the annual Graduation Banquet.

This year it was held at the Eden Resort.

Everything was very nice.

I had never been there for a large event.
We have eaten in the restaurant, Garfields, on site there.
The room we were in had guest rooms overlooking it and it was
a bit strange, at times, to have hotel guests standing
on the balcony watching...

You can get a good idea of what the balcony
looked like in this picture of some
of our friends on the Countywide Board and the Keynote
Speaker for this graduation, who also attended last
evening so that he could get to know the class a bit better.

I think that is so wonderful...he is a State Representative.
He and his wife are wonderful Christian people who see his
time in government as a calling.

Opinion here: I wish more people would catch the vision for the
importance of Christians in government instead of distancing
ourselves from an often dysfunctional system. It is not an easy
place to be...but it is very important.

I am so stiff today from the very long walk we took all around
the Gardens yesterday...but it is a "good kind of stiff".

I am thankful for:

My dear friend who picked a very good day!

The sunshine and blue sky.

My husband and children.

A graduating class of 89 from all across a
large county who enjoy each other.

A fabulous menu last evening!
Roast Beef, chicken marsalla, green beans,
mashed potatoes, veggies alfredo, salad,
rolls,dessert bar! Yum!!!

The talent of the students who performed
after the meal.

Life!

I see the surgeon this afternoon for a second
opinion about removing my ovary and the two cysts in
my abdomen. Please continue to pray with me that
we would know the right course of action!

Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it... prayers are heading your way. Keep us posted... Judy

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Wish we could have been there too, but it was nice for you all to spend that time together!

Dinner sounds so gooood.

Praying for wisdom for you and the Docs.

sherry said...

I'm praying for your medical needs, Becky. May He give you clarity of mind and peace in heart as you take the next step in this journey. <><

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Doctor trip and discernment.

My DH stays at the Eden when he goes to Lan Co. for business....

(Not the Host, Dee will get this)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Wow I love the pics Becky!!! No wonder you go there often!!

I will be praying for you that God would make it all clear.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Becky...loved your photos...we had temps that were almost at 70 today as well.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings and Hugs,
Robin