Friday, March 1, 2013

A Collaboration with a Wonderful Artist

If you've been reading you know that I've been
working on labels.
Really working on labels.

It came to me the other day that perhaps
I should purchase some art
to use on some special candles.

And so I did.

I knew just where to go for the art I wanted.

I've been collecting pieces from 
Niki Jackson.
Niki is an English Artist 
who paints
beautifully.

She reminds me of a book illustrator,
which is awesome because she is currently 
writing and illustrating a children's book.

It is going to be s.w.e.e.t!

You can visit Niki's Etsy shop 
if you like.
It's called The Vintage Artist.

My first project with Niki's work is
a custom wedding candle.

Chelsea picked out this adorable painting
and I thought it was just precious.


When you add the bride and groom's name
and wedding date along with your choice
of my message or a personalized one


I can imagine people customizing labels 
for Bridal Showers too.
What a wonderful favor.



So....I'm tickled to death to be 
working with Niki's art.



I have licensed two paintings for 
one year.
Hopefully they will catch on and 
I'll be able to continue 
working with Niki for many years to come.

Currently in the works.....
A Mother's Day Candle.
Stay tuned!

7 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Oh how adorable is that painting, I just love those sweet lovebirds!

Everlovin' Low-Carb said...

I love it!!! Beautifully crafted and scented candles with inspiring new design!!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

What a wonderful idea!! Niki's work is delightful and the love birds look just so sweet on your candle. :)

Vee said...

A great idea you had! What about also using illustrators whose work has gone into the public domain? There's a lot of it out there!

Phyllis said...

That painting is so cute and what a lovely keepsake for the bride and groom.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Great idea!

Theresa said...

Perfect:) Love is in the air and on the candles! Have a blessed weekend, hugs!