Friday, September 21, 2012

Road Trip


We are leaving town.
Some of us.
I will try to post as we go
but absolutely no promises.
 

Chelsea and I lost our way a bit today on some
back roads right here in our own countryside.
It was delightful.
We are so blessed to live here.

I saw the most adorable goats
who were all behaving admirably 
as we passed by.

I pointed it out to Chelsea
and she made the strong point that this
was just one moment in time.
Undoubtedly those goats have broken out 
or at least tried to break out of their 
safe home at some point.

We've had just enough exposure to those critters 
to know these things.

In my dreams we have a farmette 
and I have a couple of pygmy goats.
They are very well behaved...
in my dreams.


I couldn't help but think as we meandered through 
the countryside that tomorrow we would be 
in unfamiliar territory.
Seeing views that are taken for granted by someone else.
And I can't wait.
I'll bet we will see some very interesting things.
It might not be cows and goats.
There might even be a city or two to gawk at.
But we live in a wonderful country and I am 
excited to see more of it.
 

The photos in this post are revisited because I happen to love them.
I took them in Mom's back yard a couple of years ago.
 

What is happening in your world today?
We are prepping, packing, shopping, doing laundry, finishing final candle orders,
making bulletins for church and getting chicken food and two new tires on the van.

Oh!  And just a little blog post
in the mix.

See you later.
Hopefully with things of interest.
Hugs,
Becky

5 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Just yesterday I went with a friend to a bulk food store run by an amish family in our area. as we checked out i mentioned that this house we are interested in didnt have any room for goats. A dream of mine to have. The gentleman checking us out said "have you ever kept goats?"

"no" i replied "i just think they would be fun".

"you may not think that if you ever kept a goat" he said with a knowing smile!

Safe travels!

Vee said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Becky. Enjoy your little adventure. Don't forget to pack the camera and get someone else to drive! (So you can take the pictures.)

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Nothing like an adventure...plus it makes for good blogging! Looking forward to reading about your fun!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Have fun!

Theresa said...

Don't 'cha just love a good adventure:) Love the flower pic! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!