Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kindness

On Sunday it was time for another 
ladies study on a Fruit of the Spirit.

Now I had done my research and 
was prepared to talk about Kindness.
In fact I thought it would be 
beneficial for us to make an 
acrostic of points to remember 
as it related to kindness.

Then the time came and rather than
pick up my own Bible I grabbed two from 
the church library on my way by.
They both happened to be King James
and that particular version does not use the 
word Kindness.

Panic!
I thought I was losing it!
After all, I had been looking it up online
the night before and found all kinds of 
references.

Well, after checking the NIV 
we found the word Kindness just as I 
had expected....
Whew!

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, 
peace, forbearance, kindness, 
goodness, faithfulness,

So...
We made an acrostic.
Sometimes just words but 
often with scripture references to 
back it up.

The overall gist was that kindness is wanting the best for others.
Achieving that by truly listening and always 
considering others before ourselves.
For example K was "Keep Your Mouth Shut!"
We had a bit of fun with it
because we are a fun group of ladies!

This is a great exercise
for a group.
We were into the Word 
and it brought out 
a good bit of discussion.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Kindness:) Sweet! Love it that you all enjoyed a discussion on Kindness! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Unknown said...

Amazing how that one word can lift a heart.

Thank you for your sweet notes & support, Becky.

Have a lovely day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It was fun.

Anonymous said...

I like this!! Sometimes I need to do just that!! I am learning!!

On our walk yesterday, Robert and I passed a house that had all different kinds of roses like the rose on your header!! They were so beautiful!!