Monday, January 17, 2011

Blue Monday...A Gift

Have you ever purchased a Christmas
gift for someone and then forgotten to 
give it to them?

Well, I have and I did again this year.

My Mom might end up seeing this gift
here before she sees it in person....
if she ends up on the computer again
before coming home from Peru.

The Mission Team is back in Lima and
they are preparing to return home.
It will be so good to see them.

Anyway, back to her gift....

At the craft show I did this year I was 
placed back to back with another table.
This vendor painted glass.
She did it beautifully.
A tricky art....glass painting.
So often the scale is off.
But this woman had the gift.


Don't you just love the curve in this
piece...and the tiny little flowers so 
 consistent and pretty?

Not to mention that it is blue so I thought
Perfect, right?


So, this week, I will say goodbye to this
adorable piece of art and Mom will find a
home for it at her house. 
Hope she likes it!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

VERY pretty, Becky! I like how the flower look a bit like old-fashioned forget-me-nots. Your Mom will sure to love. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

eileeninmd said...

It is just lovely, I am sure your mom will love her gift. Happy Blue Monday!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is so pretty Becky!

Your mom will be surprised - maybe you could find a gift for Georgia and then just call them a "welcome home" gift. Your mom would never even need to know you forgot to give her one of the gifts you got her for Christmas! :)

Becky K. said...

Mrs. Rabe...Mom already knows I have something for her. But, with being sick we totally missed Georgia's birthday so I am going to be on the lookout for something for her, as well. We were not very "with it" after Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Your mom is going to love it!

SmilingSally said...

And the glass is fluted too, which would make it more difficult to paint (I imagine).

Beautiful, Becky.

You said your mom went to Lima; our former church in South Florida has a campus in Lima.

Happy Blue Monday, Becky.

Magdalena said...

So lovely Becky, your mom will cherish such an adorable gift from you.
Xx
Bunny

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Becky, I think your mom will love her gift. I am always amazed at pretty paintings on glass. Those flowers are the perfect scale. You're right, they did a super job, and how sweet of you to have this waiting for her upon her return. I think this works out better than a Christmas present because it's so special it deserves a presentation by itself.

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Donnie said...

That is just gorgeous. I'm sure she will love it.

Ann said...

A talented artist for sure. The lovely little blue flowers are perfect for that piece. Your Mom will love it.
Ann

Tracy said...

So pretty.

LV said...

That is a beautiful piece of glassware. The art work on it really sets it off.