Thursday, September 23, 2010

This Face Says.....

Third Place?
Really???

Actually, she was making the most of the 
fact that I had the camera right in
her face. She was saying...
"Not so close!"
And then I snapped the picture!
Bad Mommy!

Another Fair and another win
in the Hershey's Cocoa Classic.

A wonderful neighbor popped in yesterday 
and hired Chelsea to make two large custom
orders for events in November.
Cool.ness!
It is such a blessing to have neighbors and friends
who want to help our kids reach their dreams.

Edited to add:  Answering Karen's question....
Chelsea will be making 
3 dozen standard size muffins 
for 
a brunch 
(one dozen each Pumpkin, Apple 
and Blueberry Lemon) 
and then Assorted desserts 
to serve 35 people
for a luncheon on another day.

Chelsea had submitted this photo into the
Creative Photography Division.
While it is fun, she didn't win anything for it.
Thank goodness her eyes aren't really THAT blue.
That would be unnerving!

This was submitted into the Nature Category....
Also, no prize.
However, I love that both Chelsea and Jonathan
enjoy photography.
It is a joy to see things through their eyes.
Some others that she took that day...
It is highly unlikely that I would ever see it
from this perspective as she was lying on the
ground looking up...lol.
I am not likely to go to this length for a photo
these days.

Have a wonderful day.
We will be busy but it is all good stuff.
No doctor's appointments.
Just Co-op, Psalms of David, and a concert for the 
younger set this evening

while I continue making these fun candles...
Test burn

14 comments:

Karen said...

I can't believe any of Chelsea's creations would get only a third place...they always look so good! I can't imagine someone topping them.

Nice pictures, too. I'll make sure Juju sees them-she likes to take pics, too, and I'm always amazed at some of the things she thinks to capture.

Looking forward to pictures of the custom orders-what type of things will she be making?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chelsea! :)

~♥
Julianne

Diane Shiffer said...

Gracious... you have quite the budding young baker on your hands, don't you? Wish I could sample some of her wares:-P

Unknown said...

G'morn, Becky ~ Congrats to Chelsea, follow your dreams & all will fall into place for you. You can be anything you want to be, just go for it.

She is as cute as can be, Mother.

Love the photos.
Have a lovely day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

sherry said...

been reading the Psalms myself as of late. :o)

3rd place aint shabby! congrats to Chelsea-girl. love that a natural process of becoming a bakery caterer is happening. i used to cater dinner parties and events. i'm not a natural baker like Chelsea. i tip my flowered hat in her direction. ;o)

beautiful photography.

love,
jAne

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We haven't made it over to the fair yet...

Andrea said...

Awesome creations. Chelsea is truly gifted.
Blessings,
andrea

Vickie said...

Wow - Chelsea will be hanging out her sign to do business soon! She really must have a natural talent for all that cooking!

Cute, cute daughter, Becky - and those are some blue blue eyes!

Vee said...

You do have very creative, artistic kids! Third prize is not to be sneezed at...not at all. I'll take third in anything. :D

Glad that you're having a "normal" busy day. Enjoy...

Susy @ The Feathered Nest said...

Chelsea is so fortunate to have found her "calling". Most kids her age aren't even thinking about it yet. She's a prize herself !!
Blessings. P.S. Great photos by all.

JD/ Jill said...

Congratulations to Chelsea...great photos...
Until blogging...I took very few photos...and they were not that great...since blogging...I now feel like I want to go to a photography class...so I can post better photos...

Joyce said...

Wow so happy she won again and now is hired to bake. Nice to know that she is enjoying playing with flour as much as I do:-)
Joyce

Emma* said...

Chelsea's pictures are great! I can't believe they didn't get ANYTHING! Sometimes the judging is..interesting :-/

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Chelsea's baking creation didn't get a first place ribbon. Third place, though, is GREAT too!

Each year I say that I will submit a photo to the photo contest at our fair. Each year I don't. Perhaps I should make that one of my goals for next year.