Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hi! My Name is Becky and I am A....

Host-a-holic!

I have soooo many Hosta plants!
Even so, the other day I saw some for sale
and was sorely tempted to stop.

Do you know how many varieties of Hosta there are?
Me either.
But there are many.
A lot, I tell you.

I have these...



and divisions from them here


and here.

Don't they look great with lavender?





I thought so too.
More from the Momma plants
which came from the neighbor's
yard....yes, she knows!


Then for a change in looks there are these little ones.
They were brought as division from Mom's house.



Truly, no hosta is safe.
I'll be splitting and dividing
it before anyone knows what is
happening.



And then I have my favorite.


Is that allowed?


Look, just look, at the brilliance of the color.
Do you see it?
Do you love it?

Maybe it is just me.
An illness.

I need a 12 step program
or there will be hosta
taking over every
flower bed
we own.


Amazingly enough there are more still
showing themselves this Spring.




Here they come!

What perennial are you hooked on?
Do you tend to move it to more places in your
yard rather than give it away?

Oh, dear.
Well, hopefully someone will relate to my
addiction to the Hosta family.
I am linking in to Susan's Outdoor Wednesday Party.
Hope you'll check out the other posts having to
do with things you can find outdoors.
You'll find links HERE at
A Southern Daydreamer
.

Thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

19 comments:

Andrea said...

I, too love hosta. It is hardy and I haven't killed any of it, yet! We have lots, but need more for our back yard...wish I had seen that sale.
Blessings, andrea

Unknown said...

lovely greens!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try some hostas here in Colorado. they certainly would not come up for me in New Mexico- I think it is too dry there though I watered away at them!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Good Morning, Becky,

So nice to meet you and visit your sweet place here! I have perused several of your posts ~ handsome family! I love hosta plants too and have enjoyed their carefree growing requirements.

Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your comment.

Kindly, ldh

Jocelyn said...

Your hostas are beautiful. I don't see them much in our area.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

The Hip Hostess said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment today, so nice to meet you. By the way, I'm a hosta lover myself!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We do both - divide and give away! Perennials are awesome! I have hostas too - but not as many as you! :)

SweetAnnee said...

My hubby Rich loves hostas too. He wants the whole shaded back yard full of hostas. We are working on it. going to divide them this weekend.

I kissed and hugged all the kitties for you
They are so sweet!!!

Great to hear from you

Vee said...

Hostas are great. I had a massive one at my former home, but none here. After reading this post, I think that I need one somewhere...not sure where, but they are beautiful and lush and green until that purple flower blooms. Yours must be so pretty then, too. BTW, I've never heard of a hosta addict before.

Perennials I love are my peonies and a few of the ferns...Jacob's Ladder most especially.

Signing Out said...

Hostas are a plant that just keeps on giving, aren't they? Yours look wonderful! Ours are just peeking up out of the ground right now.

Jane

Blondie's Journal said...

Pretty, pretty hostas, Becky!! I love them, too and always seem to be dividing them!! I love the flowers that come out in mid summer. I cut them and bring them in and they perfume my whole house. Love it!!

Thanks for popping over to my blog today and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!!

xoxo
Jane

Elena said...

I think hosta's are beautiful. I would love to have some. I may get some this year as our yard has some shady spots that I think they would do well:)

Jan said...

Thanks for stopping by, I don't know the hosta plants, but they sure look like a wonderful addition to the garden.
Blessings.

bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi, that is so nice of you, I am sure all of us would love to go!! We were originally going to head up through Philly but I was tired and decided to take it slow and go on some quieter roads up into Lancaster. I love the Amish Country and had not been there in many many years. I would love love love to visit an Amish home and family and even have dinner with them, I would find that so fascinating but I don't know if it is possible??
It was so great meeting you, I had the best weekend! :)
xoxo
Bunny

LV said...

I am not familiar with those plants. I would love having some of them. Yours are very pretty, and such a bright green.

Tamara Jansen said...

I LOVE that you're a HOSTA - holic! Keep up the great gardening :)

jeanne said...

Hi Becky, I too love Hostas. In fact my small garden of Hostas were from my sister's yard. She came over with a bunch and I planted then right away. Every year they come up in the spring and look gorgeous. I have two varieties. I will have to share them soon. Yours are beautiful. I should plant more. They are so easy to grow.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow. It is bedtime around here so I will say goodnight.
Hugs, Jeanne

Infarrantly Creative said...

I need some serious help with some floral and greenery design. I heard hostas are easy to grow maybe I will check those out.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love hosta too! I used to get a plant catalog that specialized in them and the variety available is really astounding!

Manuela