Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Day After!

We had a great time... Five choirs and an ensemble. Multiple individual musicians on piano, cello and guitar. About an hour of music. Everyone doing their best. I am so proud of our young people who performed so dearly. I'll focus on my choirs as that is who Warren got some video of.

The Fourth to Sixth Graders are required to take music in our co-op. So we have those who love to sing... and some who feel that singing in the concert is the equivalent of having a root canal. These kids are so precious. I was going to have some video of them but it is such a process to get it to work.

The 7th and Up Choir is there mostly because they want to be. We had one young man in the choir this year. His mother made him join. He was uncertain in the beginning... and who could blame him, as the only boy. But last night he came to me and said, "My Mom won't have to force me to take choir next year! And I am going to get some of my friends to join too!"

Melt my heart!!!!
This guy can SING!!!
So this is great news.

The highlight of the evening for me was the 7-ups singing The Power of Your Love... acapella. It was so rich and full in the auditorium. This video is a poor representation of it as it got filtered through the camera mic. But you can just imagine.


Thanks for asking about the concert...
It was great.

Blessings!

6 comments:

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I know you have been working so hard with the choir and it has taken so much of your attention. I'm glad that everything went well and you even have the boy converted to choir.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I happy to hear all went off without a hitch.

detweilermom said...

They did a really great job. You did a wonderful job too in leading them.

Elena said...

That was awesome! I really enjoyed watching the video:)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful!

I am so happy to see and hear the 7-up choir!

Awesome!

Karen said...

Thanks for posting the video. They did a beautiful job!

The 7-up choir. Cracks me up. I think my girls would rather be in a Vernor's choir. LOL