Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Latest Candle



It is another made from the "ends" of
custom orders. These are what I make
for myself. I don't want to waste any
soy wax. It is too costly and it would
be a shame to throw it away.

I loved this pretty glassware when I
found it on deep discount in a local
drug store.




Sometimes I use this with tealights as a
centerpiece but this week I decided
to fill it.

It will be so much fun to burn this
on cool Fall days and cold winter
evenings.




The flame is going to just sparkle
through the glass mosaic.




In a few short weeks candle making
will begin, in earnest, again.

It is so much fun to help friends
reach their goals and take mission
trips!

I'd better get organized and inventoried
to make sure everything is ready!
The first fundraising event
is scheduled for September 11th.

Hope you are having
a wonderful day.

Photobucket

9 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is so nicely done, Becky, thank you for sharing.

Tracy said...

Oh, I just love one, Becky! Love the mosaic glass and sweet butterfly motif! Your "leftovers" candles look as great as your first time around ones--beautiful! Happy Day :o) ((HUGS))

Marie said...

The mosaic glass with the butterfly is beautiful. That will really be great to brighten up a cold night.

niartist said...

Becky, this is so sweet! I love the holder. I bet making candles is really fun ... I've tried to melt down the wax from other candles all together once - that spelled disaster!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Becky!
How beautiful, a butterfly. Life. That is what I needed for my message this morning after all of the saddness we have gone through lately. I feel as though God was speaking to me through your blog this morning. Thank you my angel thank you. Beautiful candle and wonderful post. Country Hugs, Sherry

Joyce said...

I have never made candles and I have a fear of fire so I rarely ever burn candles in my house.
Joyce

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Becky, love your new candle. It will certainly put off a beautiful glow on a cool winter night..or any other time of the year..lol
hugs ~lynne~

Freda Marie said...

Love the candle, the butterfly in the mosaic will be gorgeous glowing at night...

Anonymous said...

What lovely flowers, and what a special gift from your sweet son showing all that he is learning.

A girl can never have enough flowers indoors or out!

Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm