Monday, February 2, 2009

New Week!

Well, today begins a very busy week
for us. One Mom leaves for Florida
while another returns from an interesting
time in Florida and the Bahamas.
Let's just say that due to some
missing paperwork Mom almost got an
extended vacation....yikes!
Thankfully, it was able to be remedied.

I have a Co-op Committee meeting,
Mikey has an interview for a possible
Summer Internship at Longwood Gardens.
It is a stretch, they have never taken
students outside of two nearby school
districts...but they are interested in
Mikey. Please pray with me that if this
is for him that it will be obvious and
that everything would work out.

It is scary because Mikey doesn't have
his driver's license yet,
but should be by then and the reality of
letting a new driver take on a 45 minute commute,
one way, is starting to set in.

Thankfully, it is all country or
low traffic roads.
So, I think he would be ok.
As far as I know he would only be on
the road in daylight. So that is good
too. But still...

So, how about that football game last night?
Wow!
We were kind of casual
about it until the second half and as that
went on we were on the edge of our seats...
some of us literally. What a fun game.

My apologies to the Cardinals fans...but they
did the same thing to themselves that my
Penn State did in the Rose Bowl.
Lost because of Penalties.
Some of you would disagree with that...
you go right ahead. lol

We are getting ready for some kind
of snow here. I'll believe it when
I see it!
Right now everything outside is just
glossy from the ice over the little
bit of snow.

Yesterday was gorgeous. It was about
40 degrees and no wind.
Sun and blue skies.
We went on our traditional Sunday walk.
I had stopped going along because of the
pain in my hip and side...however, I went
part of the way yesterday and loved it.
I'm going to attempt to work through the
pain. It wouldn't be good to give in to
it entirely and let my heart go bad...now
would it?

Chelsea just bought a Wii Fit and I am working
on it. I know, it doesn't sound like you could
get a real workout...but you can!

So...Tylenol and I will work together to lose
some weight and get my heart healthy!

Those of you who post about your health and exercise
goals get me moving...so keep it up!

Well, have a great day today!

♥♥Becky K.♥♥

6 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Such a busy day!

I am so proud of the Cards, they made it a GAME. I think that the world was expecting a Steeler blowout so this really makes me happy!

Anonymous said...

I am praying Mikey gets the job. What a great internship for him!! Keep us updated!!

Anonymous said...

OK let us set this straight. Penn State was outplayed. From beginning to end there was no way they were going to win the Rose Bowl. And there was only a twelve yard difference in penalties. I don't know maybe in like fifty years Penn State will be as good as the Trojans of USC were this year.

Becky K. said...

Ahhh. Evan. It is so nice to "see" you.

Ok, so maybe it is wishful thinking on my part...but I must stay in my happy bubble...Penn State could have won...surely!

Tracy said...

sounds like a busy week!

daisy said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Becky, and your prayers!! I am hopeful, but cautiously so...