Friday, July 4, 2008

I'm It!

Miss Paula at Gathering of Friends has
tagged me for a meme.

Just what you were expecting on this Fourth of July, right?

Well, many happy burgers, hot dogs and cokes to you as we celebrate the freedom this country enjoys.

I am wondering how those three former hostages in Colombia will celebrate today. What they must be thinking as they get to enjoy this 4th for the first time in five years. I guess it would put a different "spin" on it....

O.k., now to get to the meme...

What Was I Doing 10 Years Ago?

My children were 7, 5 and 3. I was very involved in a church plant in State College. We were getting ready to begin our Homeschool journey...no clue what life was going to bring us...I was a lot thinner!

5 Things on My To-Do List Today:

1. Run to grocery store for picnic supplies.
2. Finish Quiet Strength for Book Club
3. Blow my Nose...a lot...I have a Summer Cold.
4. Get the extra "stuff" off my kitchen counter. There must be a huge magnet on this counter that calls things to it...gotta be!
5. Go to Creekside Cottage for some fellowship later.

Snacks I Enjoy:

Peanut M&M's,(especially the green ones), Snickers, Chocolate/Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire:

Buy land with a pond and Weeping Willow trees and I would build houses for our Moms and us on the property. I would help our Missionary Friends with their adoption expenses. I would help our church build its own building.

Places I Have Lived:
New York(twice), Nebraska(2 towns), Pennsylvania(4 towns)

Thanks Paula.

I tag all readers who want to do this...It was kind of fun.

Happy Fourth of July!!!

2 comments:

evan mcelrath said...

I was at Creekside Cottage last 4th of July!!!

I was thinking about the freed hostages. They are getting an experience in freedom!! BIG TIME!

Have a Happy 4th! We are having grilled tacos, beef, chicken and pork it was Evan's choice as it is his 22nd Birthday!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Happy 4th!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Robin