Monday, March 10, 2008

Must be the Sugarcakes!


A sick Tray...or upon reflection...
a Tray for the Sick!



Our church friends had a Fellowship Meal yesterday.
After a while one brave woman,
Ruth, showed up at our door with boxes of food leftover...
hmmm...does that mean that our family is usually responsible
for eating boxes of food?
I'll have to ponder that one...
Anyway...
Included in the yummy goodness bestowed upon us
were my favorite cookies...

Sugarcakes!

Brand new, never opened, package of sugar cakes!

Yum!

Thanks guys!

Me thinks they were the bestest medicine!!!!

P.S.
I called the host's house to say thank you...
a group of church buddies were still there and
serenaded me with an upbeat Praise song.
They sounded great...have to take it on the road...

Now, how cool is that??

I'm counting my blessings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are sugarcakes like a cookie or are they soft??

Sounds like you are feeling better! I hope so, this flu has gone on long enough!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Wow...that was a Blessing indeed! I hope you are feeling better!
Hugs,
Robin

Becky K. said...

Paula,
Sugar cakes are big sugar cookies with nice crunchy sugar on top. Oh, so yummy. I still can't figure out why I love them so much.

After working on taxes and a quick trip around our little town doing errands I am headed back to bed.

It was nice to be out though.

Thanks for popping in Paula and Robin!

Becky K.

Kim said...

What a wonderful blessing. This sounds like something our church families would do also. I know how impossible it is to thank those that take the time and trouble to think of us when we are hurting (physically or emotionally.)
Put your feet up and just let them show their love, sometimes that's the best gift we can give them.
Then when we are better, passing on the love and thoughfulness.

Tracy said...

Hope you are feeling better...I know those sugarcakes helped a lot ;o) Love sugercakes...which reminds me, I've not made those in quite a while...mmm...Happy Day ((HUGS))