Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another Day with the Flu...

Thanks for your well wishes.
I am hoping that by resting I'll
have this thing kicked by the time
Georgia gets out of the hospital.

This would be horrible
for her with a huge incision.
Coughing hurts me and I did
not just have major surgery.

I have not been in to see her
since Monday...
but Warren, Pastor Mike
and a friend from church
have all been there.

There is so much illness
in our homeschool co-op that
we may call a sick day, today.
There are at least four teachers
that are down with illness.

And those are just the ones we
know about.

If we do decide to call it a
sick day, it will be a first.



Last night, I finished
the initial pour on
a candle order that
I have been
trying to get done.

Then I noticed a crack in a huge
glass container that I was filling
for my Amish friend, Lizzie.

Made me sick...oh wait,
I was already sick...
Made me sicker!

I don't know if the crack was
already there and I didn't see it
or if the hot wax caused the crack.

Either way, I'll have to make that
up to Lizzie.


I am looking forward to
summer and going into the
heart of Amish Country to take
pictures of the fields to
show you.

There are some places in our
County that are like
slivers of paradise.
So green and lush.

Well, hope you and yours
are healthy and happy.

Blessings on your day,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are sick Becky. You and the Rabes....I hope you get some sunshine and warmth to burn all the germs away!!

Some of the greenery in Kauai reminded me of PA. Country and green, LOVE IT!!

Hummingbird Chats said...

I hope you start feeling better. I agree with Miss Paula that the sunshine and warmth will make all the ugh go away. I look forward to some pretty pictures..Be better!! Katie

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry Becky! This flu thing is kicking all of us! Teachers have been out non-stop at school.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We missed you today, Becky!

Tim and I have managed so far to escape the crude - but all the kids had it, and are done!

WooHoo!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

So many people seem to be sick this season! I do hope you feel better soon!

Manuela