Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Big Day!

I did not intend to go to Longwood Gardens.

It just kind of happened.
The thought of Mom spending her birthday
virtually alone was just more than I could
bear. Besides, Longwood Gardens has plenty
of places to sit, relax, read and recover from
a horrible illness (flu!).

That meant that before I knew it Jonathan, Chelsea and
I had joined Mom in the car and headed to
Kennett Square, PA.
Mikey was just too sick to even contemplate going.

We had an easy drive.
We enjoyed lunch at the Applebees and then
picked up some medication for Chelsea who
was coughing non-stop.
Poor girl!

Next Stop: Longwood Gardens - One of the most beautiful gardens in the World.

Chelsea and I chose to head straight to the Conservatory...
(Any of these pictures should enlarge if you click on them)

so that we could save our strength for enjoying the flowers








and the bonsai trees.





Mom and Jonathan took off to explore the grounds.

We found ourselves moving from seating area to seating area
taking pictures and reading, watching people and just
generally enjoying our surroundings.

This nice young lady helped Chelsea plant a baby Spider plant
which she then gave her to bring home.



This is a fun picture of Mom on her birthday today:

A Bit more of the Beauty...




One could spend hours and hours here and never be bored. It is so beautiful!

Mrs. Rabe...Chelsea and I were dreaming of having an English Country Ball here in the Ballrooom...whatcha think?

I happen to be a softie for Chandeliers and Inlaid Ceilings....but the wood floor would be great to dance on...I just didn't get a picture of it.

After all of this fun we came home.

I grabbed a short nap...

Then Warren and I went out to The Texas Roadhouse for a 19th Anniversary Celebration Dinner.

Thanks for your nice comments.

The years have flown by. We have been through a lot of good and some
very difficult years...but then, who hasn't. Thankfully we are still each
other's best friend. I would do it all again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky the flowers are so pretty! Thanks for sharing these and I know your mom was glad you went too!!

Kim said...

I love Longwood Gardens. When my son was an infant we stopped and stayed at the Hotel Dupont for a couple of days and visited the Gardens. It is so peaceful and I found myself thinking of the creativity that God used in the different flowers and plants.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I adore Longwood Gardens! I think we are going to get a yearly pass this year!

The last time we were there, the girls and I had the same thoughts about the Ballroom! It is so beautiful. We talked with LeFever's about bring the girls in their dresses and taking pictures all around the grounds....

So glad you are on the mend!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Love the flowers!!! I also really like your new header!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful place! wow, wow, wow and wow. i'm thankful you and yours (inc your mother) enjoyed your day.

happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

oh...and your header. love it! very springtimey and happy. :o)