Friday, February 29, 2008

Birds of a Feather...


You do know that old saying
about birds, feathers
and flocking together?

It is so true!

This can be good...
or bad,
depending on the birds.

I think these cute little
guys are the type that I could
hang out with.

They are close to home.
Most likely spring cleaning
their abode and getting it set
up for their family to come.

Other birds are the kind that
steal from others to take care of
themselves.
Not so crazy about that kind.

In my position as Jr and
Senior High coordinator
at our homeschool co-op,
and being the parent of teens,
I have noticed how true this
statement really is.

If you have teenagers
take a look at their friends
and you'll get a pretty good idea
of what is happening in the
mind and heart of your child.

This is the first real opportunity
for most young people to have
a lot of say in the people
they hang out with.

Up til now their social
schedule has been mostly
engineered by you or school
circumstances.

Who are they flying with?

I hope your young one is
flying with the hardworking,
reponsible birds.
((hugs))

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the title of your post!

Thanks for posting this!

kari and kijsa said...

This is so insightful...words to live by (we don't have teenagers yet)...but we will soon enough!

smiles, kari & kijsa