Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Post #195 - Almost There!

Yee-haw! We are almost to the 200th post and give-a-way! I cannot wait!

I spent this morning with my children at Creekside Cottage as they learned an
English Country Dance for a Co-op class tomorrow.

Mrs. Rabe has been teaching from the book Pride and Prejudice.

My boys had started the year in different classes but after attending the "Ball" at the end of the last semester asked to change into Mrs. Rabe's class for the Spring
Semester.

You could have knocked this mother over with a feather! I am sure that the fact that they are the only boys has nothing to do with them wanting to be in this class.
Covering my ears and singing loudly here....lol.

Anyway...this morning found us chipping ice off the car and driving through the
freezing rain to the Rabe's country home. Doesn't that sound elegant - country home.

We quickly got to work learning the new dance because there was a time limit since Mikey had to be to work at noon and there was more school work to be done today.

I, at first, thought that I would escape any dancing...so I "coached" from a nearby chair. Counting and instructing, with my vast knowledge (not) of the subject, as the six dancers whirled and made bridges and promenaded all around.

As we approached time to go one of the younger Rabe daughters...was looking for a partner so that she might join in the fun.

I could not resist the opportunity to dance with Rachel. So off we went. Wow! It was fun. Great exercise too!

Well, I need to run and pick Mikey up from work and then make lasagna, salad and bread for a special birthday dinner for our Pastor and Friend, Mike.

See you soon!

4 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like a fun day!! Dinner sounds yummy too!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Becky...just wanted to stop in and say hello and tell you how wonderful I think you are!
hugs,
Robin

Tracy said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Becky! Hope you're keeping warm and cozy in with all that snow...You all have more winter there than we have here in southern Norway at the moment--LOL! ((HUGS))

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It was great fun, wasn't it! You know you are always welcome at my "county home."

I think your boys are great! Mikey is so excited that he knows something (the new dance) that the other girls don't know! Chelsea is so sweet Becky! She is really good at this dancing stuff!

See you later!