Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shelley and Becky - Forever Friends


O.k. You asked for it. This is my friend, Shelley. We raised our children in houses side by side for several years. Shelley was the one who took my preschool boys every day while I was on bedrest for many months while expecting Chelsea.
Shelley is the friend who fell through our ceiling while looking for a document in my attic that I needed to register Mikey for kindergarten. She was there because I am afraid of heights and she came to my "rescue". Warren patched the hole. lol
Shelley is the friend that came to visit one weekend when Warren was away and ended up caring for me while I had the stomach flu. I think if it were me, I would have hurried on back to State College!
Shelley is one of those friends that just picks up where we left off the last time when we talk.
If you don't have one of these extra special friends...go out there and get you one!
Oh, if it were only that easy...
I miss seeing this friend daily...but always know that she is there and will be available if I need her.

We are just nutty sometimes and this picture, unfortunately, captures that pretty well. I am on the right.

5 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I think you both look lovely! You both look so happy to see each other!

I am glad you have such a longtime friend! What a great friend!

Unknown said...

THIS is one special friend for sure! You sure put her through her initiation and she lived to tell about it! LOL!

Also, Becky, I loved your comment on the Punctuation post! The Bible tells us to "train up a child in the way they should go..." Hmmm...

When Barry lived in Reading, he made many sojourns from Reading, PA. to State College... Why? To see Jo Pa lead his favorite college football team, Penn State! From what I hear, they had some great tailgate parties!

KJ
California

Terri Steffes said...

You can tell you are connected in spirit. I am glad to meet your friend!

Anonymous said...

Kindred Spirits!! That is what Anne Shirley would say!! Isn't it nice to have a pick up where you left off friend?? Thanks for sharing your picture!!

Mrs. Rabe and I can do that!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

How wonderful to have such a good friend! You are blessed indeed!

I received a VERY special package last night. One that smelled delicious and made me so happy! Thank you ever so much for the care you took in making me that wonderful candle and potpourri. I really love it and my house smells so much better for it!

xo,
Melissa