Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lititz Adventures - Part Two

So when I left off last time we had eaten lunch and were well rested for an afternoon of exploration. After feeding a hungry parking meter we headed up another street and here is what we found...Cherry Acres!
Isn't this a cool silhouette of the bird metal sculpture?

Anyone need a sink? These weren't priced badly either! One of a kind!

How many birds do you think could take up residence in this?

More pretties!

The furniture in this store is absolutely gorgeous. A lot of it is made from reclaimed barn wood. Each piece is special!

When my brother and I were kids a neighbor taught us to do stained glass creations. The real ones with flux and soldering iron, the whole works. Lately, I have been thinking that it would be fun to take that up again. When I saw A Colorful Past I could not help but insist that we check it out...





Loved it!

But finally the best of the bunch, in my humble opinion. And really, that is saying a lot because each shop had its own personality and was absolutely beautiful. There was just something about English's Country Corner that said, "Welcome!"
Maybe it was these guys...

I have always loved wooden soldiers. When we were younger a favorite holiday film was Laurel and Hardy's March of the Wooden Soldiers. Maybe I imagine them coming alive as they do in the movie.
Or, maybe it was the signs...Georgia points to one here...

And then there was this one:

I wonder who that is?

I love the color combination and the textures in this photo.

Check out the floating candle with cranberries. So pretty!

The owners of this shop were so absolutely sweet! I enjoyed my brief conversation with both husband and wife. Check out the newly updated web site at www.englishscountrycorner.com .
This store lives up to the motto: We put the cozy in Country!

No day out would be quite complete without treats of some kind...usually ice cream. I know this goes against the losing weight and getting healthy goal...but the Moms were having some, hear me whine?
So, we actually found a shop having a end of season half price sale on ice cream cones! Unbelieveable !! It was their own homemade ice cream and it was good!
Last picture of the Moms...in front of the Ice Cream Store:

I think they are even better than the "roaming gnome"! Don't you?

As you can see, we had a truly enjoyable day and are so glad to have met so many wonderful folk. I wish them the best in this Christmas Season and wish all of you Happy shopping and enjoyable days poking around beautiful shops.

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I loved that store! I purchased one of those phrases that are like giant stickers for your wall. Mine says God Bless This Home, and it looks like I took alot of time and stenciled it. I loved those star candles floating in the cranberries too!

Anonymous said...

Oh golly I ***really*** loved visiting Lititz a year ago. Thank you so much for a walk down memory lane. :o)

English's Country Corner is a fun, jam-packed, delight of a store. Across the street and down just a tich is a shop that holds some pottery (lovely lovely things) and hand dyed wools and handiworks. Did you go into that one? I can't remember the name of it to save my life, but the owner was very sweet, the pottery very unique and the wool was out of this world - I bought quite a bit - as much as I knew I could stuff in my suitcase here and there.

So, now you have to go back and find out the name of it for me so I can buy more wool. Better yet, how 'bout we just *move* there, buy a B&B (we were ckg it out actually). There. Yes. Better idea for sure and for certain. ;o)

Thank you again.

Becky K. said...

Sherry,

Oh, do please keep considering the B&B idea. You have built in friends here already in Mrs. Rabe and myself.

Thanks for your comment. I will surely need to go back and explore more in the shops of Lititz.

Becky