Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Retreat at Camp K



For more than two decades my Dad worked for an organization that ran a Christian Radio Station and Camp. Over this time I had many opportunities to serve there or drop our children off as campers. Suffice it to say this is a place of many pleasant memories. It happens to be just a few miles from my brother and sister-in-law's home. Since we were traveling with our two dogs and mom's dog, our family of five and Warren's Mom this Thanksgiving Holiday it would have been too overwhelming for Allan and Bev for all of us to spend the night. Mom arranged for all of us, but herself, to come and stay here.
What a stroke of genius that was.
It was awesome!
This is the Lodge where we slept.

There was Tetherball. Remember that game? Two people face off and each tries to get the ball wrapped around a pole in their own direction?


Some of us were out until after 11 pm in a heated tetherball contest.
Not me...I was attempting to read but ended up falling asleep and being a party pooper. I had played a couple of rounds with Chelsea earlier. They were fun.

In the morning Mom, Allan and Bev joined us at the lodge for breakfast. Then there was hiking around the camp and some wicked Chinese Checkers.
Apparently, it was necessary to get a family picture on the camp steps so we all headed down the hill and this is the craziness that ensued...
The Photographers get ready...
ahem...Warren and Allan, it is cold out here! Can you cut the chatter...?

Allan really gets into it!

The family photo was taken...sorry, I was in it and do not have a copy yet...but afterwards we declared victory by standing on the stone pillars...victory for what? I have no clue but it seemed like fun at the time.



Yep, it was a great time! I love my crazy family!!!
We had to tear the kids away. They had the best time and were not quite ready to come home. But, like all good things..they have to come to an end and this was no exception.
We are winding down on this load of pictures but I am so glad that I was able to get them out of that camera. I am debating showing you a picture of myself and Shelley. We were both so elated to see each other that it is more than a little corny. Maybe...
Hey, have a super day! We have a lot to do with school and then packing up the remaining things at the church for tomorrow's move.
Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time!! I loved tetherball!!
As for your picture, YES! You must post!! We want to see!!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Ah come on Becky, show us the picture!

It looks like you had a wonderful time.

I used to be pretty good at tetherball, even though I am short!

Melissa G said...

Of course now we all want to see your picture! =)
I looks like you had a great time. What a neat place to stay!