Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A few favorite things


Just a few things
in my home that are special to me:


Music - as represented by the 'Amazing Grace" Wood Art.

Prayer - A special lesson learned as I was on bed rest for months with my precious Chelsea. These hands and feet that thought that it was about "doing" learned that it can be just as much about seeking the Lord for others.

Friendship - The teapot that has come to represent hospitality and friendship. It speaks to our ability to spend time together.

My photo taking ability needs work but this is a very favorite piece. It was my husband's great-grandmothers and was handed down to us from Warren's Grandma Charlotte. When I open the doors I can still smell Grandma Charlotte's house on Oxford Street in York, PA.
Inside this china cupboard is a set of china that Mr. J.C. Penney, himself, used as he visited friends in Chicago.

More importantly is the heritage of a family that continues to love and care for each other as the years go by.






No comments: