Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Soup that I Adore!

Note:  I reheated the last of it this morning to take the photo....the kale is much prettier the first day.

I had never been impressed by soups until
I enjoyed this one at Olive Garden.
It is their Zuppa Toscana
and has a very 
lovely taste
and 
combines the foods I 
adore.

Potatoes
Sausage
Bacon
and 
Cream

I could probably stop right there
and you would know how wonderful it
is but I think I will share a 
like the one
I used for our Fellowship Meal on Sunday.

There are many of these recipes out there.
I have used two different ones and they 
have worked wonderfully.
this past weekend. 
I say, worked from, because this makes 
soup for 6-8 and I was filling my crock pot.
So, I made some adjustments.....
but that is the beauty of soup.
It is very, very forgiving.

I've never had so many compliments on something
I've brought to the meal.
I have to admit, the soup is pretty amazing
and its not hard.
Just time consuming.

I had not known how to use kale
until I made this soup.
Delightful!

It is amazing how much of this
I actually made because we used it 
for our dinner on Saturday evening
and then as our boys friends came over
to hang out and spend the night they 
each had "some" too.
No arm twisting, or anything.
The fragrance of the soup is
very, very inviting.

Then it still nearly filled the crock pot
in the morning.
Although, after years of carrying 
pots of food in the car I did learn 
to put some of this into a lidded container
to finally fill the crock pot once we
arrived at church.

It has taken me years to 
get that idea.
All those Sundays with sloshed
chili in the trunk!
I'm obviously not the brightest 
bulb on the tree...
LOL.


9 comments:

Phyllis said...

I read the whole post to the end and did I find a recipe? No I did not! Did I think I would find a recipe at the end? Yes I did. Sounds yummy.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That sounds delicious!

sherry said...

no recipe offered?
tsk tsk. wink.

Theresa said...

Yummmmmm! I must try this soup! Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing this warm, deliciousness! HUGS!

Vee said...

Hmmmm, those are the kinds of foods that I love, too, and shouldn't. Don't you have a crock pot lid thingy that holds the lid on? I do and couldn't get by without it. It's made out of some sort of material like a lanyard and goes from one handle to the other over the top of the lid and even has a circular bit for the knob. Wonder if they have those for sale anywhere...

Vickie said...

Becky, that looks like comfort food there. Something to warm you up on a chilly evening, satisfying to your tummy and soul. Will have to try that.

What? I didn't know that you were supposed to try to NOT spill stuff in the car when taking it to church functions??? Guess my light bulb is burnt out, too! haha!

Dena E's Blog said...

Ahhhh, my Daughter and G~Daughter soooooo LOVE this soup.. Perhaps one day i will try some..
BTW, your pic and post is BEAUTIFUL Sis!!!!! Hugssss and Prayers~~~Dena

Barb said...

I will try this, Becky. I am a huge soup fan. Yum!

Barb ♥

Elena said...

I adore soups and that soup looks so good. I have been wanting to try using kale in something.