Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Snow! Lots of It!!

This morning just after the snow began.

The Country Bumpkin is having a hard time seeing.



This morning just before noon.
The same planter this evening around 6pm.



I think these trees could be in a book by 
Dr. Suess.


The power has gone out for a few seconds at a time
but so far......we are ok.
The kids were out briefly this afternoon but 
came back reporting the sounds of cracking 
limbs all around them.

It is beautiful.
It is dangerous.
We miss Warren
for many reasons as he is
on a business trip in Florida
but specifically right now because
I don't have a clue how to
hook up the generator if the power goes out.
Hurry home, Honey.
We'll try to save a little bit of snow
for you....

Update:  We lost power around 11pm
last night but it came back around 4:15am
this morning.


4 comments:

Carol said...

Pretty snow pictures, but I imagine a lot of branches are breaking, which is the ugly part of a heavy, wet snow. Hope you don't lose power.

Smiles,
Carol

Zuda Gay Pease said...

It is so pretty! I don't know how to hook up our generator either...but I have two sons-in-law who know how if I should need it someday. I hope and pray you won't need it. :)

Vee said...

So glad that your power is back on! Phew.

Bee said...

Jared wanted to go out and play too. But I was afraid a limb would come down on him. We had a lot of tree limbs come down. I guess everybody did.