Friday, October 28, 2011

The House is Coming Alive....

As the sun rises in the sky 
one by one people begin crossing 
through the living room where I sit
watching the tragedies on the news.

One sometimes has to wonder why 
I watch it....a morbid fascination,
I guess.
I'm not likely to give it up anytime 
soon so don't even try....
LOL.

But, from the quietness of 
me at the keyboard,
2 cats and 2 dogs comes a Mikey.
He bounds up the stairs headed for the 
shower.  He greets the dog with genuine
affection.  I warn him that he'll want a 
heavy coat today.  The temps have dropped
dramatically.

Eventually he makes it to the kitchen to 
make his breakfast before a full day at
work.  Chelsea wanders out and they 
chatter between themselves.  I can't hear 
what they are saying, only that they are
enjoying each other's company.

The Coffee Maker sputters out its last
drops and still the murmers of their voices
continue. 

These are the little things that make a house
a home.  This is family.

I love it.

We are missing Warren who is on a business 
trip this weekend.  But, it is also opportunity to
work, work, work and even fit a bit of play 
into our schedule.  Hoping to meet Diane, 
from Tomato Soupcake today.  She's at a 
Blog Conference about an hour from me.
We'll see how that works out.

But in the meantime....
I'll just bask in the coziness of home and
family as the house wakes up around me.
Great sounds, great times.

4 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Hey, if you are meeting Diane today, maybe I can make it! Let me know....

Deanna

Vee said...

Oh a blog meet! Fun. :D

Becky, I love how you've described the stirrings in your home. I could almost hear them myself.

Carol said...

Sounds like your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!!

Smiles & Hugs,
Carol

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo...what fun to meet up with a blogsister!!! I sure hope it works out for ya.

I sooo agree it's the love of family that makes a house a home.

God bless ya and have a fantastic time today!!! :o)