Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Prayer and a Flower Arrangement


Last evening was so special.
We had a nice group come out to pray for 
some needs which I have already told you about.

The very urgent need for prayer on Susanna
and Katerina's behalf.
And the health of a precious man in our church.

It was a very real blessing to all who participated.

Before the prayer time we had dinner with Pastor 
Mike and a few others.
I had hoped to have time to make a flower arrangement
for the table
from the waning Summer flowers and during one
of the afternoon dog outings I saw my chance.
I can't decide if this looks modern or old fashioned.
The shape says modern 
but the sweet faded pink of the hydrangea says
vintage....to me anyway.

I had added black-eyed susan to the mix
but they were a distraction from the 
sweet pinks and purples.

I thank those of you who have joined in prayer
Their names are a link to another blog post,
if you care to read more.

Have a wonderful day!
You'll want to check out my candle
blog later today for info on a give away of 
four juice glass candles in apple cinnamon fragrance.
I'll put that up as soon as the hosting site 
posts the details.......

5 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I am thankful that it was a special evening. We were bummed that it didn't work out for us to go...

Deanna

ps - I want to come sniff your new scent for candles....

Anonymous said...

Becky, your flowers look beautiful! I love arrangements that appear fresh picked. Praying for Katrina and her parents. Thank for keeping us updated.
Blessings, Ruth

sherry said...

wherever two or more are gathered, He is there. and to think many more than a few are praying for these dear folks...music to God's ears.

your flowers are lovely, becky. :o)

Theresa said...

Praying hard for these sweeties! LOVE the flower arrangement!

Have a blessed day dear Becky!

Vee said...

This is the post that I thought I'd be reading today...so glad that the other one was there, too. It's a beautiful flower arrangement!