Monday, August 22, 2011

Jonathan and Chelsea Paint

   
to celebrate Sally's homecoming from her 
very long journey of illness in the hospital and
rehab.  What mercy God has shown in 
allowing her body to heal.
There is continued need for prayer as 
Sally gets her strength back.
 


We were in the craft store when my friend, Shelley, visited
and I saw canvases on sale. Chelsea and I had been talking
about letting the teenagers do some art for an area in the 
kitchen at church so I got the canvases and acrylics to 
see what they came up with.


On Saturday, Chelsea and Jonathan spent a 
couple of hours together out on the deck 
painting away.  


They would occasionally run into the house for 
this brush or something or other but they 
were very industrious.


I'm thinking that if they each do one more
in similar themes we'll be onto something.
They just need to tie the trees and the 
fruit together in some way so that we
can hang a series of four canvasses on the wall 
over the desserts.....
Perhaps a fruity dessert?


How about a man picking fruit 
from the trees.....
then the pear and finally 
a fruity dessert?


Or maybe we scrap the trees 
entirely (not literally, just with this project in mind)
and do a series of 
still life fruit in the style of 
the pear?

What would you suggest?

This is the beauty of art....
one step at a time.

Makes me happy that the siblings are
enjoying the process so much!


13 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Becky,

Thanks for your warm wishes and faithful prayers. I'm home now. God IS good!

Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday.

Theresa said...

WOW gorgeous paintings! Talented and good-looking too:) I think they could be tied together with a saying "a tree is known by the fruit that it bears" or something like that:)

Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Elaine said...

Love the colorful fruit painting.

Best wishes Elaine

Tracy said...

These canvases are both so good! Such talented kids! Since the artwork is for a kitchen/kitchen area, I do the pear works great. Maybe a small series of "fruit portraits" or dessert portraits sound delicious too... yum! ;o) Happy Days, Becky ((HUGS))

Kim, USA said...

Those are pretty. Really amazing how they can come up with that beauty. Thanks for sharing!

Blue Monday

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Those are really good....I like them both.


Deanna

Tricia said...

Those look so nice. I would try to meld them together in some way :)

Karen said...

You have very artistic kids!

I like both ideas and think you could go either way just fine.

Vickie said...

What a crafty idea (pun intended) to let the young people decorate! Gives them something to work on together AND a sense of pride that their works of art will be adorning the Kitchen. How about a bushel basket full of fruit? And I do like your suggestion of a yummy dessert - Chelsea ought to do a big juicy, steamy, beautiful PIE that she has baked before!

Jeanne said...

Hi Becky, This is lovely art and so much fun when someone is being creative. I love them both.
Hugs, Jeanne

Vee said...

Oh cool! Since you handed this off to the kids, I'd let them solve the dilemma of continuity and unity. They'll do great!

MYSAVIOR said...

I feel blessed to have read this.

♥♥♥
Sue

Kelly said...

I like both of the paintings. But, I do like the idea of four still life paintings of fruit or maybe a couple of veggies too?