Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Vee, You Enjoyed The Book Signing...Thought You Should Know....


My dear friend, Vee.
If it had not been for you I would not
have known that two of the wonderful ladies
who put together the Mennonite Girls Can Cook
Cookbook were coming to Lancaster.

I've seen much about this book on your
blog, A Haven for Vee, but I was not 
familiar with these lovely ladies.

Therefore, it only seemed fitting that you should
come along on the evening's adventures.
I hope you don't mind that Chelsea and I had to 
carry you...here and there.


 You seemed to like Subway pretty well.
I mean the Sunchips were practically plastered to 
your face you were so enthusiastic.


I hope you don't mind that we didn't get you 
a sandwich of your own...
but your appetite didn't seem quite up to par.
Maybe it was all of those chips....


 Mom and Georgia cleaned their plates, 
so to speak, and then we were all ready to go
to K-Mart to gather supplies for their upcoming
trip to Guatemala.
I know, it was news to you too.
These ladies and their Mission trips.
I can hardly keep track.
But we were able to get some crayons at a very 
excellent price for them to take along for 
distribution to the children when they go.

 Oh, and speaking of children,
I knew that you must be a very excellent 
Noni when you insisted on taking a ride with 
Bert and Ernie.
We thought it just a bit odd, but hey,
you are the hero here.
The life of the party.
Without you it would have been another 
night sitting at home 
cruising the web.




 So, when you really wanted to ride the dragon
too we just had to agree.
I mean you are just so cute, and all.
Your body seems to adapt to changing
conditions rather well.
I mean a smaller ride, 
a smaller you.


So, Vee, after you had enjoyed all you 
could stand of these exciting rides we were off 
to the Berean Christian Bookstore to 
meet up with our friends from
Creekside Cottage.

 Mrs. Rabe, Emma and Rachel were waiting 
patiently.  I guess we let you play just a bit too 
long.  Couldn't have been all of the time the Moms
spent in the Dollar Tree looking at 
little toy cars for the children.  
Not really.

Well, we walked into the bookstore and were 
so happy to see two lovely ladies just inside the 
door.  They were dressed to perfection and I had 
the definite feeling I recognized them from Lovella's blog.

Sure enough, 
There were Lovella and Anneliese!
We were greeted warmly since I had posted a comment
on Lovella's blog today letting her know we would be 
there tonight.
She was delighted that we brought you with 
us....you two being so close and everything.
I mean, when you are the force behind the book 
title you practically should have been signing those books
yourself!  I asked and was told the whole story about 
the book naming....Your story and Lovella's match
perfectly!  She gave you the credit!
I was so proud.

So, we tried several times to get this 
photo. Just look at how pleased Lovella
is to have her photo taken with you.
Other ladies just didn't understand
how awesome our plans were and they 
wanted time with Lovella and Anneliese too.
Sheesh!


Alas, finally we were able to get Mrs. Rabe's 
attention again.  Let me tell you, Mrs. Rabe in 
a bookstore is a fascinating thing to behold.
She loves them, I tell you.
But we were able to get her to join us.


 Be honest now, 
Does this look awkward?


 Maybe just a little.
But there were four cameras pointed at us.
Where were we to look?
There, that was a bit better.

 What fun this was!

My book now looks like this....

 Beautiful handwriting by both ladies.

After we helped Mrs. Rabe find a Bible
for a girl in our church who 
will love having one all her own
we headed out.

We were off to get ice cream.
The girls were so happy to spend time
together.....



 You and Deanna chose a Peanut Butter Cup Sundae.
It looked amazing...
I would have taken a picture of it if I hadn't had
my face in my own sundae filled with Chocolate
and peanut butter goodness.
Yum!!!

Dear Vee,
Thank you for inspiring a
very fun evening.
I owe you!!

18 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! What fun.

Terri Steffes said...

I CANNOT WAIT for Vee to see this!

Anonymous said...

I'm ROTFL !!! You guys are hilarious!!! Some day I am going to travel two hours east and visit. I'm glad you got to attend the book signing. Thanks for the LOL!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So much fun!

That sundae was fabulous until I got home and checked out the calorie count! 840 calories! Oh,my! And Vee didn't eat her share - I ate it all! That won't be happening again!

Deanna

Vee said...

Oh my goodness! You are all certifiable. People must've wondered what in the world was going on. For this shy little wallflower (okay, I know that I can be a little manipulative...*cough*)to be plastered all over 14 counties this way. I feel as if I'm on the FBI's most wanted list. ROFL! Thanks for all the fun. I'm pretty sure that Deanna chose exactly what I would have wanted. Sounds yummy!

It looks as if you all had a wonderful time and that's the most important thing. That and selling those cookbooks out. Yay!

Theresa said...

What a fun time! I would have loved to tag along on:) You ladies sure showed Vee a great time!

Have a blessed day dear Becky, HUGS!

SHEILA said...

Ok,I'm not sure who Vee is, but she sure gets around! Too funny :)

ellen b. said...

hilarious. I love that you took Vee along...although she seems a little flat in person. :0)

Zuda said...

hehehe...this was so fun! I'll have to look up that cookbook. :)

Zuda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm visiitng from Vee's to see this fun post! I had a chyckle out of all the things Vee "did" along with you all!

Glad you are enjoying the cook book --I love my copy!

Happy@Home said...

I'm coming over via Vee's blog. I giggled all the way through this post. I can only imagine the fun you ladies were having in person.

Judy said...

So glad Vee talked you into going...and that you took her along! What a fun outing. Wish I could have been there too.

JD/ Jill said...

How cute! Second thought, I am so glad that I didn't tell you I would be there and then NOT be able to show up, Becky. I would have been like Vee and felt like I was on the FBI most wanted list.
This was funny, and VEE, you sound like you are a great sport. Hope to meet you someday, and see Becky again...(WITHOUT CAMERAS TIS TIME! lol)

Lovella ♥ said...

OH. you just can't imagine how fun this was for us. We loved having you come and bring Vee along. ..she might not have shown up otherwise..so thanks.
We made it to the POD ..and so far. .we are laughing and giggling and it's pouring rain. .
stay tuned.

Karen said...

You ladies have so much fun! I'm envious I couldn't join you, too.

Sounds like such a great evening. It was so nice of you to make sure Vee could go along. ;-)

Vickie said...

Oh Becky - this was the cutest post EVER! Looks like you really enjoyed your visit with these gals and I think Vee enjoyed it too! How fun!

a woman who is said...

What a fun post...I am too jealous of your signed copy, and of coarse that you had such a fun adventure with dear Vee!

Kelly said...

Oh, now I am really sad to have missed this evening. It looks like you all had too much fun. I really must find a way to make it to more of these events you invite me to. I miss too much fun.

My Monday was just packed with activity of its own, and I did have a very fun afternoon catching up with a special young lady.